We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 215 Posts
    Anyone working on a German translation of the current online documentation?
    • We’ve not started translating any documentation as of yet, but that’s something that would be tremendous to do... Are you volunteering?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 215 Posts
        Yes, I am ;-)

Can you tell me in which way this should be done (HTML, PDF, XML-Docbook,...)?
        • We’ll get an account for you to edit it directly on the site itself. May take a few days to get it all in place, but this is great news. Thanks!
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,732 Posts
            Sounds great NetNoise!

xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Cool smiley
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 1,039 Posts
                I am also volunteering wink

Just started to make a design for a german community. I know there are just a few germans around... yet smiley But I think time will change this and over here are some magazines that would like know about modx wink Imagine, they let Joomla win a contest for "CMS"... (against Typo3, Contenido and something else) laugh

Would like to show them modx, but therefore we would need some german content to share.

First layout you can see here. What do you think? (note: text will be translated)

@netnoise: Interesse an einer Zusammenarbeit? Bisher geplant: Übersetzung der Dokumentation, evtl. über ein Wiki, Einbau des Vanilla-Forums und dann mal schauen was passiert wenn man die hiesige Media drauf los lässt (Internet Professionell etc.) wink

Greetz/Gruß Marc
                • Sounds like we have a semi-request to start up a set of German forums similar to the ones in French... anyone want this and if so, just pass along a similar set of topics and structure as the ones in the French Forums. I really like that organization and it seems to be both broad and concise at the same time.

On the topic of translations, we’re getting the bug tracker up to speed, then the SMF module fully integrated, then we should be able to start deploying the site and documentation in multiple languages.
                    • 1,039 Posts
                    Hi Ryan,

no hurry as i asked in an other thread there are only few using it right now (so there is no need for more forums yet). But as I said, there has to be some public relation done in germany wink

Greetz Marc
                      • 187 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at Feb 17, 2006, 02:46 AM

Sounds like we have a semi-request to start up a set of German forums similar to the ones in French... anyone want this and if so, just pass along a similar set of topics and structure as the ones in the French Forums. ...

I second this. I’m German as well, and would like to have forums like the French. There was a diskussion about it in the german internationalisation forum, as some thought this would be the german community forum.

Would be a great opportunity to push modx internationally!

BTW, in my opinion news should be posted in the english news forum first - searching for the menalto gallery integration I stumbled over a post in the french forum, google helped me to get a clue of it’s meaning, as my French is really bad ;-) - I think it is the best for most of the user to have news in english.

Just my 2 cents ;-)
                      Frisco