We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 623 Posts
    Quote from: ganeshXL at Mar 06, 2008, 08:53 PM

Here’s more infos: If I re-install the older version (1.6) and run a basic AS call, I see the form, but I get no results.

If I do "view generated source" via FF, I see the necessary JS has been added. But the spinning icon just keeps on spinning and I don’t get any results whatsoever. There’s tons of content though.

There is definitely no funky JS anywhere else that could collide with mootools.

PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch10
    mySQL Version 5.0.32
    Apache/2.2.3 (Debian)

GaneshXL, did you ever get this resolved? I have downloaded the latest version of AjaxSearch and followed the steps detailed, but there is no search box. Viewing the source reveals there is nothing there.

I have the folder named correctly - ajaxSearch
    I copied in the new snippet and saved it
    everything is utf8
    what more can I try?

Thanks.
      The MODx has you...
      Utah Web Design
      • 1,717 Posts
      @Smg6511
      Unfortunately, AS is not (still) PHx compatible embarrassed
      The improvements of the templating will need/use Phx, but in the next version. Sorry
        • 1,717 Posts
        @cbaone
        Do yo use an another js library than mootools in your page ?
        is your site in production somewhere ? Could I have a web site address ?
          • 623 Posts
          Coroico,
          No, there isn’t any conflicting JS that I’m aware of.
          I just sent you a PM with the information.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I made a silly mistake. I had Snippet Name as ajaxSearch, but the call said AjaxSearch! Doh! smiley

The MODx has you...
            Utah Web Design
            • 377 Posts
            I’ve got AjaxSearch up and running, with no ajax-powered searching with the results appear on another page.

But I have these questions:

1) How do I change the FORM that ajaxsearch creates? Can I specifiy my own HTML FORM chunk?
            2) How do I change the way the results appear on the results page?

// Currently, results look like this;
            [+pagetitle+]
            [+some short description+]

One of the problems I’m facing is that there are several repetitions of pages. For example, the page "overview" actually exists on the website 3 times, and in my search results overview appears 3 times without any way of differenting between the different repetitions.

a) How do I change the presentation so that I can say "[+parent+] > [+child+]" in my hyperlink, or a way of saying "[+page+] in [+parent+]"?

3) Fixing "blank" pages.

Some of the results that ajaxsearch returns are actually short ditto articles written on blank templates.

So, when I do a search, it will return a hyperlink - clicking on the hyperlink will take the user to a blank page with the page content.

a) How do I fix this? Ideally I would prefer to force it to go to the parent where there is a blank template.

---

In summary;

1) How to create my own HTML FORM chunk? A &tpl= variable?
            2) How do I change the way the results appear on the results page?
            3) Preventing or changing the way AjaxSearch handles pages that are actually "blank" templates (usually used for ditto articles).

Any help on this would be great!
              • 377 Posts
              Hi there.

I’ve been able to resolve two issues. But I am still stuck on one issue.

Preventing or changing the way AjaxSearch handles pages that are actually "blank" templates (usually used for ditto articles).

How do I change the way AjaxSearch returns and handles blank templates?
                • 1,717 Posts
                How do I change the way AjaxSearch returns and handles blank templates?
                Unfortunately AS doesn’t still implement PHx so you couldn’t (without a code hack) avoid to display a content field if this content is blank.
                  • 377 Posts
                  Oh okay. Thank you for your help with this.

I’m going to use the old "FlexSearchForm" snippet from the old Etomite CMS. I’ve got it working on another test site, and will use that.

I’ve noticed though in both AjaxSearch and other search plugins, including FlexSearchForm, that they all return documents where the template is blank and then when you click the hyperlink it takes you to the actual blank page.

I may try to hack FlexSearchForm so that it asks whether the page has a blank template, and if it does - use the parent instead.
                    • 1,717 Posts
                    Improve the templating of the output display in on the top of my work stack tongue If I am able to do this quicky, or give you a clean hack, I send you a personal message.
                      • 19 Posts
                      Hello,

I have a problem with AjaxSearch 1.7.1 on my website: www.pcpedia.pl

$database_connection_charset in config.inc.php is set to ’ISO-8859-2’

In ajaxSearch.php I have:

$pageCharset = array(
                      'ISO-8859-2' => 'UTF-8',
                      );

charset it’s invalid (see on screenshot: "ajax-iso-8859-2.png") (but no errors)

When I try this charset

$pageCharset = array(
                      'ISO-8859-2' => 'ISO-8859-2',
                      );

I have errors (screenshot: "ajax-iso-8859-2_2.png") but charset is ok.. huh

AjaxSearch included on modx 0.9.6.1 - everything ok.

Sorry for my english.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.