We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 786 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for AjaxSearch.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    This snippet creates a search box and the reults from the search are loaded right in the page for the user. If the user does not have javascript, the snippet will use the default searching of the FlexSearchForm snippet. A search term highlighting plugin has been included as well.

View previous support thread
      • 4 Posts
      Hello,

Thanks for creating the Plugin AjaxSearch for MODx.

We have installed this plugin in our website www.celextel.org. It does split the pages. But the Search Terms are not getting Highlighted. Please guide us as to what to do in this regard.

Thanking you,

Lakshmanan S.
        Lakshmanan S.
        • 98 Posts
        HI,

My name is "smallworld" and posting from Japan.

This is Great snippet, and very usable!

By the by, I found typos on the file "ajaxSearch_readme".

There are some explanations about Parameters, and in text, some Parameters are written as this,

&AS_ShowForm ⇒ line 17
        &AS_ShowResults ⇒ line 24

and, also on the file "snippet-ajaxSearch-tpl.php".

Might it be "&AS_showForm" and "&AS_show_Results" for each.

Please confirm when you’ve convenient time.

Thank you.
          • 786 Posts
          Thanks for finding the typo, to be used correctly they should be the following:

&AS_showResults
          &AS_showForm
            • 134 Posts
            thanks for a really cool tool. is there any reason that sometimes the box containing the results appears and sometimes it doesn’t?

arp
              Sorry - not using ModX anymore 01/01/2007
              • 134 Posts
              ok - the styling seems to disappear on two specific pages - book.html & links.html. but it works fine on blog.html. those 3 pages uses the same template, so there’s gotta be some user-error involved. sorry to bug you.
                • 786 Posts
                try adding this fix to the parser and it should take care of it:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,1942.msg18783.html#msg18783
                  • 134 Posts
                  i reveal my noob-ness now - what is the parser? smiley
                  • manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php

It’s basically the brains behind everything else that makes MODx tick.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 134 Posts
                      thank you - that seems to have done the trick. great little plugin - much thanks for it!

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.