We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at May 05, 2006, 01:27 PM

The RTEs don’t work on chunks. Never had. If you’d like them to, please file a feature request or add a comment to an existing one. smiley

I’m not sure I follow. I just created a test chunk. I switch to the richtext editor. Entered some text, created a table, etc. Saved.
    I then opened the chunk again and saw my HTML:

This is <strong>some</strong> text<br />
    <table width="200" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border="1" align="">
        <tbody>
            <tr>
                <td>a</td>
                <td>b</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td>c</td>
                <td>d</td>
            </tr>
        </tbody>
    </table>
    <br />
    <h1>More text</h1>

So why doesn’t this work? I’m a bit confused.

Andy
    • Quote from: rthrash at May 05, 2006, 04:21 AM

I think that stuff only works in IE 6.

I’m on a Mac and it doesn’t work in FF.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 502 Posts
        OK, I’m using WinXP and Firefox. If I edit page content then I see the buttons to create forms in FCKEditor. If I edit a chunk then I don’t see the buttons to create forms in FCKEditor. Surely this is simply a minor modification somewhere to allow those buttons to be shown all the time? The functionality is already in there, just a matter of making it visible...

Andy
          • 502 Posts
          xwisdom claims it is possible (see the quote above and the eform thread), so I know I am just missing a step somewhere. I send xwisdom a PM asking but no response yet.

Andy
          • As one of the founding members of this little project, I don’t think you can use RTEs on chunks. But if you can it’s only in IE6+.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 502 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at May 05, 2006, 08:56 PM

As one of the founding members of this little project, I don’t think you can use RTEs on chunks. But if you can it’s only in IE6+.

We must be talking about different things - here is a screenshot (note that I removed the URL because I don’t want public accesses to my development server).

Anyway, the browser used doesn’t really matter, because I can see the form buttons when editing page content. Why can’t I see them when editing a chunk?

Andy
                • 502 Posts
                Here’s another screenshot (still Firefox), this time editing content. I’ve added an arrow to indicate the buttons for the form elements, which I don’t see when editing chunks.

• 1,039 Posts
                  Well, never thought of creating Forms via Editor, but why not laugh

Open the file manager\actions\dynamic\mutate_htmlsnippet.dynamic.action.php

Look for line 92:

rte.ToolbarSet = 'standard';

and change it to:

rte.ToolbarSet = 'advanced';

@Ryan: I will log this to the bugtracker because this is hardcoded FCK in there. If someone hasn´t FCK installed and wants to use Tiny for example, this has to be made dynamic (like in mutate_content.dynamic.action.php). I think this is no big deal to use the same function (but the perhaps in a general file when it is called twice).

edit: logged
                    • 502 Posts
                    Thanks!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That fixed it. Thanks for understanding my problem and finding the solution. I really appreciate it! grin

Andy
                      • 1,039 Posts
                      I really appreciate it! grin

np, as a service in return you could perhaps write a littele tutorial how to create forms with the editor and connect them to the snippet (as I said, I never thought about that and didn´t even know about the existence of this snippet laugh ).