We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    When I switch to the WYSIWYG view there are no buttons for creating forms. Am I missing something?

Andy
    • There are different levels of menu for the RichText editors. You can select a more advanced menu in the system configuration. I can’t say how well they work, though.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 502 Posts
        I edited the configuration for the FCKEditor and changed the "web toolbar set" to advanced. It didn’t make any difference.

All I want to do is create form and email chunks to use with the eform snippet. Sure I could do it by hand, but I’d rather use a WYSIWYG editor, and MODx provides one... grin

xwisdom (creator of eform) wrote: "The webform and report can be easily created using the Rich text editor when creating a Chunk." So it must be possible somehow.

Andy
          • 502 Posts
          Any ideas? The form buttons show in the editor for content in pages, but not for editing chunks. Is there a way of turning them on for the chunks?

Andy
            • 1,193 Posts
            ScottyDelicious Reply #5, 18 years ago
            When I originally read this post, I went to my manager to check this out.  no matter what I changed in the "System Configuration", when editing chunks and selecting "Switch to rich text >>", only the basic tool set comes up.  I searched around for a couple hours, but did not find a way to configure the tool bar for this situation.  What I ended up doing is create a new document, use the FCKeditor from that page (which has the full set), created my forms, then clicked "Source", and copy/paste into the chunk.  at that point you may as well use a WYSIWYG editor on your PC. :’(

-sD-
              Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
              All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
            • I think that stuff only works in IE 6.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 502 Posts
                But I can see the buttons to create forms when I edit a page. So why not when I edit a chunk?

Andy
                • The RTEs don’t work on chunks. Never had. If you’d like them to, please file a feature request or add a comment to an existing one. smiley

Regardless, I suspect this will be a non-issue with 1.0.
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 502 Posts
                    What is an "RTE"?

Andy
                    • Rich Text Editor... the things with the forms buttons. wink