We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • The backend has a way of keeping the PHP session from timing out, but the front end does not. I suspect that has something to do with it.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • 141 Posts
      Last week I started using Maxigallery for a new site with a couple of users. The "manage pictures" button worked awesome, the pictures were uploaded without a problem and we were using IE and Firefox. Today all of a sudden, the "manage pictures" button disappeared! I have no idea how it happened, all the users have full privileges, and we have been using a standard snippet call:

[!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`slimbox` &pics_per_row=`3` &max_thumb_size=`110` &max_pic_size=`0` &thumb_use_dropshadow=`1`!]

I’ve tried it with three different computers, none of them had a problem uploading pictures before, now all of a sudden they can’t see the button. I also tried replacing the "assets/snippets/maxigallery" folder with a new install, the pictures look fine but no button!

I don’t know what’s going on, but I know it’s not a cookie or account username problem.

Please help! Thanks you’re awesome! smiley
        • 4,213 Posts
        No clue what so ever.. possible to get url and manager access via pm so I could take a peek?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 1,161 Posts
          I would be interested in the outcome of this as well...
            • 141 Posts
            Ok thanks so much for your eagerness to help, this forum community is awesome!

I re-installed an upgrade of MODx to the site (it was already running the latest upgrade) and the button works again. Woohoo! grin

Thanks again God bless you!

Josh
              • 141 Posts
              Quote from: miamisurf at Apr 03, 2008, 08:04 AM

Ok thanks so much for your eagerness to help, this forum community is awesome!

I re-installed an upgrade of MODx to the site (it was already running the latest upgrade) and the button works again. Woohoo! grin

Thanks again God bless you!

Josh

Ok sorry again to bother, the button was working fine for about 15 min and then it disappeared by itself. I’m clueless on this.. Please help, anyone! undecided
                • 1,161 Posts
                Does refreshing the page bring back the button? Your cookie session might have timed out?
                  • 141 Posts
                  No that didn’t work.

I find this situation really strange, originally I was using only firefox to manage the site; then I started using IE and the problem started occuring...
                  Last night I re-installed the Maxigallery snippet, but that did nothing. What made it work was when I re-installed MODx. It worked (only on IE, didn’t work on firefox), but after 15 min the button disappeared. Weird! huh
                    • 141 Posts
                    Is there a way to just upload pictures and descriptions without the need for the "manage pictures" button?

That would probably work temporarily for me.
                      • 1,161 Posts
                      Is the button missing for you as the manager or as a web user?

My problems with the missing button were with specific web users but I could always see the "manage photos" button when logged in as the manager. I am not sure what the cause is with your problem or with my own. Its too bad in a way. I set up this site and most of my web users like the Maxigallery feature. But for those who could not access the "manage photos" button the issue is a big downer...

I tried all kinds of things but in the end the problem has not been resolved. A couple of web users who cannot see the button have made some less than rave comments to me about MODx. In the end I still think this has something to do with user cache and browser settings. But like four people have tried messing with their settings and they still don’t get the button which is frustrating for all concerned...

Max