We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 82 Posts
    ok i keep getting the following error

Could not load controller request handler

ive installed gallery component

first i was getting nothing

was getting errors in chrome developers tools

wasnt loading the js

changed the permissions now all im getting is the above

have been working on this for 2 days now and it’s driving me quite mad

need to move on and finish and present for monday ! not going to be a very fun weekend!!!

thanks, help needed urgent!
      • 82 Posts
      ok im trying to rule eveything out here by process of elimination, i now think it must be the server, have moved my db and gallery on my server its working fine but on this server all i get is a blank backend when i click gallery, on chrome it’s outputing;

/assets/components/gallery/css/mgr.cssFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
      /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/gallery.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
      /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/album/album.tree.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
      /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/home.panel.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
      /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/sections/home.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
      manager:25Uncaught ReferenceError: GAL is not defined

i have changed the permissions before but this didnt fix it so thinking that i may have altered something incorrectly can anyone please guide me as to what to chaneg this settings to, to fix this and get the gallery going,

thanks in advance,
        • 249 Posts
        Nasty error messages. Do you have any antivirus or anti-malware software running?
          lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development
          • 82 Posts
          no just defender, the weird thing is this is only happening on a site on a particular server,

i have replicated the setup on my server and it all works fine, now on my clients server 123-reg where i’m moving their site to i get those errors and cant get the gallery component to work,

ive attempted changing permissions to 777 but this didnt fix it just go this error;

Could not load controller request handler

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks.
            • 249 Posts
            Sometimes the server’s default umask setting won’t allow you to easily chmod files or folders.

I would probably recommend backing up all MODx files and the database on the client’s (destination) server, then run setup. You’d be surprised how often setup clears problems such as this.
              lo9on.com

• 82 Posts
              hi thanks for the tips just did all that and still no joy, getting desperate now, what a nightmare, been trying to sort this for 3 days! still getting the same errors below, have changed the permissions and getting no where, it must be this server its working ok on my server.

i there anything i can do o sort this, i have gone and changed all permissions in that folder to 777, i can also do this in the file manager of the server for 123-reg is there anything the hosting provider can do to help either?

/assets/components/gallery/css/mgr.cssFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/gallery.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/album/album.tree.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/widgets/home.panel.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
              /assets/components/gallery/js/mgr/sections/home.js?v=204pl2Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
                • 24,544 Posts
                It’s certainly worth asking the host about. Before that, though, try 755 for the folders and 644 for the files in case they’re running suPHP or suExec.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 82 Posts
                  hi thanks bob have changed to that but its still throwing up the same errors;

nikkomsgchannel/focus_change?focused=true&name=nikkonill&type=nikkonill&form=nikkonillFailed to load resource
                  nikkomsgchannel/focus_change?focused=false&name=nikkonill&type=nikkonill&form=nikkonillFailed to load resource

ive contacted the hosting provider but they’re just talking basic to me telling to change the permissions in filezilla, which obviously ive been doing already. - think it may have to be a change of hosting package as this is really not working out unless they can change something their end, is there anything that they can change their end to help this?

thanks, t,
                    • 249 Posts
                    It’s crude, but you can always try downloading those files, deleting them on the remote server, then re-upload them. Or, duplicate the directory, delete the old and rename the new. I’ve corrected some permissions problems by playing with files this way.
                      lo9on.com

• 82 Posts
                      hi thanks will try that it’s got to be worth a try, so dowload then change the permissions again in filezilla is this possible off line ? i have already tried downloading the files and folders from my another server that they are all working on but this doesnt seem to help either!

the hosting provider www.123-reg.co.uk has got back with this....

403 forbidden means that the folder is missing a file index.html.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html