We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 165 Posts
    Hi david

Hehe, i saw your requests and added them to my todo list. There’s a good chance, that these features will be implemented in the very near future, because i need to extend the EasyPoll Module here at work.

@Pisto Ganza
    I just noticed that as well.. i guess i’m too stupid to properly fix something. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I’ll fix it and update the sources in the repository.

Edit
    I fixed the files in the repository (only the snippet class is affected).
    You may download it from there or just replace all htmlentites(<str>) calls in the source with htmlentities(<str>, ENT_COMPAT, ’UTF-8’)
    I’m really sorry for that.
      • 7,075 Posts
      Great news !
      Cool cool

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
        • 213 Posts
        just installed 0.3.2 and i get

Error: htmlentities() [function.htmlentities]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument
        Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
        File: /public_html/assets/snippets/EasyPoll/easypoll.class.php
        Line: 206
        Line 206 source: ’answer’ => htmlentities($row[’title’], ENT_COMPAT, ’UTF-8’),

php5.2.5
        Client API version 5.0.26
          • 213 Posts
          ok if i change this line to ’answer’ => $row[’title’],

it works but some of symbols displayed as ’?’ sign
            • 213 Posts
            nevermind, fixed that too.
            • Quick question for you banal (by the way, this is a great module and snippet...very powerful):

I’ve got several different functions on the page that are dependent upon Jquery. When using this snippet, it puts the mootools.js in the head which causes an error with Jquery on IE 6 and 7. It just causes the poll to not work at all...it’s just basically dead. I upgraded mootools to 1.2 and the Poll worked sorta ok on IE, but then it wouldn’t work at all in FireFox. So I guess my question is, can the snippet work with Jquery? I am horrible at JS right now, so I can’t exactly figure out why it’s doing this.
                Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
                • 165 Posts
                Quote from: flinx at Oct 02, 2008, 05:22 AM

Quick question for you banal (by the way, this is a great module and snippet...very powerful):

I’ve got several different functions on the page that are dependent upon Jquery. When using this snippet, it puts the mootools.js in the head which causes an error with Jquery on IE 6 and 7. It just causes the poll to not work at all...it’s just basically dead. I upgraded mootools to 1.2 and the Poll worked sorta ok on IE, but then it wouldn’t work at all in FireFox. So I guess my question is, can the snippet work with Jquery? I am horrible at JS right now, so I can’t exactly figure out why it’s doing this.
                Hi flinx

The good thing about jQuery is, that you can enable the "noConflict" mode (http://docs.jquery.com/Core/jQuery.noConflict). When doing so, you can assign the jQuery function to another variable, like $j instead of $. After that, you’ll use $j for jQuery and $ for mootools. Did you try that already? That could solve a lot (if not all) problems, because it would resolve the conflict between the two libraries.
                If you want to get rid of mootools entirely, rewriting the EasyPoll Script for jQuery should be a easy task. Not sure if you use QuickEdit though, that’s using mootools as well and would presumably be harder to port.
                • Hey banal,

Thanks for the response,

I tried the no-conflict mode with Jquery and this is what I put in the head which still is yielding the problem:
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                       var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
                       // Use jQuery via $j(...)
                       $j(document).ready(function(){
                  		var options = {
                  			resizeLgImages:	 true
                  			,handleUnsupported:  'remove'
                  			,keysClose:		  ['c', 27]
                  			,loadingImage: 'Shadowbox/images/loading.gif'
                  			,overlayBgImage: 'Shadowbox/images/overlay-85.png'
                  			,flvPlayer: 'Shadowbox/flvplayer.swf'
                  		};
                  		Shadowbox.init(options);
                  	});
                  </script>

Not sure where I’m messing up.

I’m using jquery-1.2.6.min.js and the moment I comment the jquery-1.2.6.min.js out of the coding, the Easy Poll works great in IE...but the moment I re-introduce it, it stops. Now if I take out the coding I have above, and leave the jquery-1.2.6.min.js file in the head, the EasyPoll snippet does not work. So I’m guessing it’s not the coding above that’s causing the problem, but rather mootools not liking the jquery-1.2.6.min.js file being there.

I’d post the site up, but unfortunately it’s offline until we launch the site. If you need more information, I could probably set up the core components (EasyPoll and the Jquery functions I have running) on a test site so you could take a look if you have a second. The weird thing is that they’re not conflicting on FF, but only IE.
                    Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
                    • 165 Posts
                    That’s really odd.
                    Do other "frontend" scripts that rely on mootools work? I’m thinking QuickEdit.
                    Where in the header did you place your noConflict call? It should be inserted before the initialization of mootools afaik.
                      • 283 Posts
                      Hi,thanks for this great module !
                      I have a little question : when we click on "show results" ; there is no way to come back to the poll questions in order to vote?

Is there a way for me to add this feature?

thanks smiley

Oh, another question : it doesn’t work anymore once i activate url-rewriting with ajax activated too. Do youknow why?
                        [url=http://www.savepoint.fr/index.php?id=38] -petits tuyaux pour les d