We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    Hi all

I have the calendar working in english and am now trying to setup a multi lingual version. I have read through the documentation and done the following:

1. created a new AJAX Easyevents page using the call: [!EasyEvents_AJAX? &configSelect=`cn`!]
    2. created a new template for the Easy events page titled: newGX CN article page Easy Events
    3. created some new events and associated them with the new template
    4. created a neweasyEvents.config_en.php document called easyEvents.config_cn.php
    5. changed $_misc[’ajaxPageId’] = 1357; to the ID of the new AJAX Easyevents page
    6. changed $_misc[’templateNames’] = array(’newGX CN article page Easy Events’);
    7. changed the days and months to chinese characters

However the calendar still displays the english days and months. Is there anything else I need to modify?

Many thanks.
      • 29 Posts
      My date format is off. I can choose the date from the date picker... let’s say I choose December 8, 2009. Well, it shows up on my calendar as August 12, 2009. It’s reversing the month and the day.

In other words...

I want 12/8/2009 to be December 8, 2009 (month/day/year)

but right now, 12/8/2009 is showing on the mini calendar as August 12, 2009 (day/month/year)

For now I’ve temporarily fixed the issue by using plain text as the input fields instead of the date picker. This way I can manually type in "8/12/2009 12:00" and it appears on the calendar as December 8, 2009 at 12pm, which is what I want. But, I’d rather use the date picker, because it’s easier, and, cooler to use . It’s got to be in the easy events code, because I don’t have an issue with dates in my blog or anywhere else on the site.

any thoughts?
        • 36 Posts
        I read the manual and installed as in the documentation. However, the snippet doesn’t grap the "nodes". How can this be fixed?

$this->subParentsList doesn’t fill the "nodes". Snippet doesn’t work because the sql-script generated by the snippet contains an empty field. See: " sc.parent IN () ..." in the sql-query. What’s wrong?
        I’m using MySQL 5.041 and PHP 5.2.9

This is the error:
        MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
        « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’) AND tv.id = tvcv.tmplvarid GROUP BY tvc’ at line 12 »
        SQL: SELECT MIN(CONCAT(SUBSTRING(tvcv.value,7,4),’-’,SUBSTRING(tvcv.value,4,2),’-’,SUBSTRING(tvcv.value,1,2))) AS startDate FROM `ctwerviknew`.`modx_site_tmplvar_contentvalues` AS tvcv, `ctwerviknew`.`modx_site_tmplvars` AS tv, `ctwerviknew`.`modx_site_content` AS sc WHERE tv.name = ’EasyEventsStart’ AND tvcv.contentid = sc.id AND sc.parent IN () AND tv.id = tvcv.tmplvarid GROUP BY tvcv.tmplvarid
          • 4 Posts
          Hello!
          I have a small question

- How I can create repeated events for every years?

For example: birthdays or holidays (these events must be created unitary and repeat every year. As I understood in current version of EasyEvents I must change start date of events foe every next years. It’s very hard way when quantity of events is too big....
            • 305 Posts
            Where do I add an event date to an event? Please look at my calendar here: http://70.85.226.130/~apicsday/events.html

Earlier someone said you do in in Modules and look for the Easy Events module. I don’t have a module with that name, and there was no module install script that I know of in the documentation. I must be missing something major.
              Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
              • 964 Posts
              The module stuff is old and it is deprecated.

To add an event you add a document and then as it is
              tied to the EE template, you have TVs. One of them
              is the time for the event start...
                MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                • 4 Posts
                Quote from: charliez at Feb 16, 2010, 02:03 AM

The module stuff is old and it is deprecated.

Sorry, but where is real alternative?
                  • 90 Posts
                  I upgraded to Evo 1.0.2 and now the links on new documents don’t appear in the list of upcoming events, but the existing documents from MOXx 0.9.6 do still display a link for each event. I’ve compared the documents (resources in 1.0.2) and both old and new look the same. Anyone know how to fix this so that all new events have their link?

EDIT: okay, it was really, REALLY easy to fix: turns out that if you don’t use the content field, the link to more info isn’t activated. I was only listing the new events by name and date to test that it was working. embarrassed
                    • 1,161 Posts
                    I just tried installing this and am having a few "new snippet snippet" issues...

I am building a test project locally on my Mac using MAMP.

The first mistake I made was not removing the version number from the Easy Events folder name when I copied the folder into the assets/snippets folder.

I now have EE working but:

When I click on the event link in the calendar or the event link title below the calendar I get this huge repetition of the top part of the page: the banner and top navigation gets added again. The AJAX Search box also gets repeated.

Also, if I click on the event text link I get this:
                    Home » AJAX: EasyEvents
                    March Meeting
                    03/12/2010 8:00 am
                    [!EasyEvents_ListMini? &nodes=`4`!]
                    Bookmarkable link

I was careful about copying and pasting the snippet call. I copied it my text editor and made sure it was plain text to make sure no quote formatting got copied. But the call itself is getting displayed here for some reason.

How do I prevent this???

Thanks!
                      • 90 Posts
                      ^^^I could be totally wrong, but have you tried changing your !s to []s in the call? So it would look like:

[[EasyEvents_ListMini? &nodes=`4`]]

Not sure if it will fix your problem, but getting support on here seems rather difficult, so it might be the only help you get I’m afraid.