We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi all,

I installed and setup Easy Events recently, and all works fine -- at least on a Mac with Firefox or Safari, and others.

When using IE 6, the initial layout looks normal, but I get no response when clicking any links -- No functionality whatsoever.

It’s vital that this works with ie 6, but I wouldn’t want to scrap using this potentially nice little piece of software...

Help?

Ideas?

Thanks!
      • 210 Posts
      Quote from: CommonLink at Oct 19, 2009, 06:19 PM

Hi all,

I installed and setup Easy Events recently, and all works fine -- at least on a Mac with Firefox or Safari, and others.

When using IE 6, the initial layout looks normal, but I get no response when clicking any links -- No functionality whatsoever.

It’s vital that this works with ie 6, but I wouldn’t want to scrap using this potentially nice little piece of software...

Help?

Ideas?

Thanks!

Strange...it has always worked for me in IE6 with all versions of Modx including 1.0.0. I just followed the instructions on documentation.pdf and that was it. Don’t forget about step 8b : $_misc[’ajaxPageId’] = N; (I forgot this once and nothing worked).
        • 90 Posts
        we had a similar problem on a vbulletin-forum: in ie6 some ajax function won’t work, if you don’t set the appropiate "activex" (!) options. Sorry - the following page is in german and i don’t know the english descriptions of these options: http://www.ms-office-forum.net/forum/showthread.php?p=921877#post921877

Bye,
          Mithrandir
          • 33 Posts
          Hi everyone,
          I have this snippet working really well with user groups. ie. when an event is set to only show for a certain group, the event only displays when a user of that group is logged in which is great.

I want to able to make the snippet email the users in the group when an event is approaching as a reminder notification.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this or the best way to go about it. it would be a really handy function to have in this snippet.

Also just another quick one... I have a mixture of general public events and the group specific events and wondering if there is a way to style the dates differently so the different event types can be distinguished. I am using the EasyEvents_ListMini snippet.

thanks.
            • 429 Posts
            Is it possible to have next month and previous month navigation even when you don’t have events? I want users to be able to see that there are no events.
              • 3 Posts
              Hello!

Please help a newbie.. I have many questions smiley but I’ll ask only one for start..
              I changed date format to look like this (in "config" file):

$_misc[’dateFormat’] = ’l, d. F Y.’;

but I would like it to have Croatian language. I changed (translated) days and months for calendar and that works, but when events are displayed, the date is formed with English language. What should I do?

Thanks for helping.
              Have a nice day (night)!
                • 964 Posts
                HI,

Everything is working fine except for the gotoDetailsPage is not working...
                I have set it to 1 and it still shows the details in two places:

1) it goes to the correct details page and
                2) it shows it under the calendar which should not do if set to 1

Is there a solution for this?
                chrisandy, dannyL, Sylvaticus and global_1981 have asked the same question
                without a good answer or at least the answer has not been documented in the
                thread.

The only solution given so far is to erase all ajax and javascript support,
                which I do not want to do...

Thanks in advance...
                  MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                  • 223 Posts
                  Does anyone know how to only include events that have a future start date into the ’Upcoming’ section of the list output? By default it shows events that have a future end date. Any ideas would be awesome!
                    Nick Hoag
                    Creative Partner
                    The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                    • 6 Posts
                    It’s almost workig for me, but i have a problem.
                    i need that in details apear the summary not the content of the article(event),
                    because i need diferent data is it possible without great work?

i am having fun on:

http://philo.homelinux.net/dnb/
                      • 51 Posts
                      Hello,

I have EasyEvents up an running for a while now but I want to change something and I don’t have a clue how..

Ate the moment when I click on a event in de Calendar list I go to a page inside EasyEvents. What I want to do is to go the the page itself directly, without the event content being loading inside the EasyEvents environment.

So As an example:

1. I click on date X and get 1 event about a dog
                      2. I click on the title of the Dog event and go to a content page within EasyEvents.

Now I want to change step 2 so it goes to the page itself, so not loading within easy events.

Thank you for your help!