We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Yea i thought it might be something like that, but i sent the test email to a hotmail address, so don’t think that was the case. We also have a contact form on the site that’s working fine, regardless of where we’re sending it. Kinda drawing blanks here, really don’t want to reinstall the module (again). Switching hosting companies sadly isn’t an option, we’re developing the site for a client who’s already paid for hosting with this other company. And we don’t really want to host it for free ourselves...
      • 7 Posts
      Ok i managed to figure it out. Just gonna post what i did incase someone else has the same problem. On line 1515(ish) of the module, in the function sendNewsletterMail(), on the line where it says $result=mail(’’, $subject,’’, $headers);, i changed mine to say $result=mail($email, $subject,’’, $headers);. Effectively just adding the email address to the function, instead of everything being sent in the headers? I don’t know why this would work for some servers and not others, i don’t know enough about the mailer setup to comment on that, but it’s what worked for me smiley

Cheers for your help
      Pranil.
        • 623 Posts
        Has anyone tried to upload a CSV file yet? I keep getting an error in the Module area when trying to upload a csv file
        "Bad data structure!" I’ve tried several different lists, but none of them will upload correctly. Does anyone know what structure is accepted?
          The MODx has you...
          Utah Web Design
          • 623 Posts
          Sorry about the bump, but does anyone have a clue as to what the csv file needs to look like in order to import correctly? Thanks.
            The MODx has you...
            Utah Web Design
            • 241 Posts
            Quote from: ccheney at Apr 18, 2008, 05:20 PM

Anyone getting this error?:
            Fatal error: Call to undefined function: date_default_timezone_set() in /assets/modules/txnewsletters/txnewsletters.inc.php on line 4

I got the same pb with a local php 4.3
            I just delete the line related to it but i also got the blank page when running the module :-( (any idea for this one ?)

Thanks everyone.
              • 6 Posts
              Fatal error: Call to undefined function date_default_timezone_set() in /srv/customers/07170801/flexyachts.nl/www/assets/modules/txnewsletters/txnewsletters.inc.php on line 4

I have this problem as well but I can’t seem to find the solution to this in this thread other than upgrading to php 5? Is there no other solution. Please help. embarrassed
                • 241 Posts
                I was wondering if the timezone pb is related to the blank page ?
                  • 241 Posts

It’s better with easyphp 2 and php5 but i still got issues :

When sending a newsletter i got :
                  Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in E:\web\EasyPHP 2\www\modx-0.9.6.1\assets\modules\txnewsletters\txnewsletters.inc.php on line 1519
                  Erreur d’envoi !

and when i try to add a sucriber :
                  Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkdnsrr() in E:\web\EasyPHP 2\www\modx-0.9.6.1\assets\modules\txnewsletters\txnewsletters.inc.php on line 1290

Any idea to help me ??
                    • 241 Posts
                    The checkdnsrr() is related to the fact that i’m working on local with windows.

What about the other one ?

EVERYTHING WORK FINE ON LINE. Thanks for sharing this. smiley
                      • 623 Posts
                      Has anyone tried two different forms for signup? For example, I need to put a simple signup form on the home page where subscribers only have to enter their email address. Then on subsequent pages I’ll put a link to the signup page where it will have all the fields of information I’d really like to collect (e.g., Name, Phone, Address, etc). However, the form is created from the XML file and if I only want the email box to show up my xml form has to have all the other fields deleted. Also, the manager uses the xml file to create the table for subscriber management. So, my question is, how can I keep all the fields in the manager (because on all pages besides the homepage will have a link to a more comprehensive form) and only display the email field on the homepage quick signup? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
                        The MODx has you...
                        Utah Web Design