We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    I’m having an issue getting TXNewsletter 0.9 (standart version) installed.

I’ve followed the install instructions through all the way through to Step 9. However when I try to Run the module, it doesn’t do anything...

Clicking on TXNewsletters just gives a blank page with no errors. I’ve got allow_url_open is on.
    i’ve tried to disable checking HTTP_REFERER, and of course read all posts here, and nothing there...

what it could be?

please, help me understand what is happening

php - 5.2.1
    modx - 1.0.4

• 9 Posts
      I was wondering if anyone knew how to add the Timestamp to the filter in the module so we can sort based on newest entry? Thanks
        • 1 Posts
        if you run the module appears clean sheet, check to misconfiguration extension = dom.so (requires connection of libraries DOM) ... I have long puzzled when moving the site to the hosting
          • 3 Posts
          Good day.

Subscription works well. In the meringue is a subscriber.
          Problem in sending emails.
          Message received only one user.
          The rest of the letters do not.
          Manager displays a message:

“Error during sending !
          Some newsletters have not been sent correctly.”

php - 4.3.9
          modx - 1.0.5

Help.
          Thank you.
            • 1,613 Posts
            Is there anyone who can pm me a good txnewsletters.inc.php file?
            or is there a updated version somewhere?

I wrote the entire topic. Mail sends as spam, changed the script (page 19), no more spam but doesn't send all email. It says: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [email protected] done !

This one i found on googlecode:
            http://txnewsletters.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/assets/modules/txnewsletters/

hotmail now isn't the problem, but the other 2 adresses see it as spam..

[ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
              Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
              • 181 Posts
              Hi Guys,

Did anyone fix the blank page in the module problem?
              I moved host and that's all I get now, if I put the snippet on a front end page that's also blank.

I am running:
              MODX version 1.0.10
              PHP Version 5.3.27
                • 32 Posts
                Can anyone tell me if TXNewsletters is supposed to send mail via SMTP out-of-the-box with MODx Evo 1.0.12 explicitly and properly set to use SMTP (Forgot Manager Login has no issues sending mail.)?
                  • 13 Posts
                  Can someone share the version with phpmailer which was posted on page 20 by paprikas? With the standard version i can't send mails to an "external" mail adress. All i can do is to send to [email protected], when my site is example.com. Sending the mail to gmail or some other mail host does not work (no error message).
                    • 13 Posts
                    Quote from: sabboooo at Nov 09, 2015, 02:04 PM
                    Can someone share the version with phpmailer which was posted on page 20 by paprikas? With the standard version i can't send mails to an "external" mail adress. All i can do is to send to [email protected], when my site is example.com. Sending the mail to gmail or some other mail host does not work (no error message).

It works for me now. I modified the code from rfoster on page 19 (http://forums.modx.com/thread/48461/support-comments-for-txnewsletters?page=19#dis-post-281104) like this:

Found it at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14456673/sending-email-with-php-from-an-smtp-server

function sendNewsletterMail ($emails,$emailFrom,$newsletterId,$subject) {
                        global $modx;

$html = sendHTML($newsletterId);

require_once('controls/class.phpmailer.php');
                        $base_path = $modx->config['base_path'];
                        $tvs = $modx->getTemplateVarOutput('Attachment',$newsletterId);
                        $attachment = $base_path . $tvs['Attachment'];
                        foreach ($emails as $id => $datas) {

$email = $datas['val'];

$timestamp = $datas['timestamp'];
                          $MD5 = ControlMD5($email,$timestamp);
                          $link = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/index.php?&id='.$modx->TXNewsletters['idPageUnsubscribe'].'&action=del&email='.$email.'&control='.$MD5;
                    		$send_html = preg_replace('/\{link_unsubscribe\}/', $link, $html);

$headers  = 'From: ' . $emailFrom . "\n";
                          $headers .= 'To: ' . $email . "\n";
                          $headers .= 'Return-Path: ' . $emailFrom . "\n";
                          $headers .= 'MIME-Version: 1.0' ."\n";

$headers .= 'Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8' ."\n";
                          $headers .= 'Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit'. "\n\n";
                          $headers .= $send_html . "\n";

//      $result=mail('', $subject,'', $headers);

$mail = new PHPMailer();
                          $mail->IsSMTP();
                          $mail->IsHTML(true);
                          $mail->CharSet = 'UTF-8';
                          $mail->Host       = "mail.yourdomain.com"; // SMTP server example
                          $mail->SMTPDebug  = 0;                     // enables SMTP debug information (for testing)
                          $mail->SMTPAuth   = true;                  // enable SMTP authentication
                          $mail->Port       = 25;                    // set the SMTP port for the GMAIL server
                          $mail->Username   = "unsername"; // SMTP account username example
                          $mail->Password   = "password";        // SMTP account password example
                          $mail->From = $emailFrom;
                          $mail->FromName = 'arbitrary name/message';
                          $mail->Subject = $subject;
                          $mail->Body = $send_html;
                          $mail->AddAddress($email);
                          if($attachment != $base_path) {
                            $mail->AddAttachment($attachment);
                          }
                          if(!$mail->send())
                            echo $mail->ErrorInfo,'<br>';
                          $result=true;

}
                        return $result;
                      }
                      • 13 Posts
                      Despite my last post I could still need the "improved" version by paprikas. The download at page 20 doesn't work any more sad. Thanks

And someone posted some pages before, that
                      [!TXNewsletters? &action=remove &PageSubscribe=`62`!]
                      would work for an unsubscribe page. I can't get it to work, maybe because I don't have the newest version of txnewsletters.version.inc.php [ed. note: sabboooo last edited this post 8 years, 5 months ago.]