We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi!

How can i make multilanguage newsletters?
    Can i install two modules and snippets or can there be only one.
    Of course i could make nesletter1 for lang1 and nesletter2 for lang2, but still there is need for subscribe forms in both languages.

Folder structure is

-Lang1
    - Newsletters
    - Newsletter 1
    - Newsletter 2
    - Subscribe / Unsubscribe

-Lang2
    - Newsletters
    - Newsletter 1
    - Newsletter 2
    - Subscribe / Unsubscribe

Newsletters are made with ditto calls and it would be nice if the module can save the posted newsletters automatically in archive folder, without ditto calls.
    Now i have to move them manually.
    And in online versions of newsletters there is no need for unsubscribe link.

• 1 Posts
      How secure is this script, I mean, the conf.anylanguage.xml can be downloaded by just anyone?
      Thanks
        • 171 Posts
        I believe access to the xml file can be blocked if you wanted but I don’t see how gaining read access to that file constitutes a security problem. The file’s contents are very similar to the html form thats displayed on the screen and surly thats not a secret.
          • 171 Posts
          I’m not sure I understand the question. I create an email address [email protected] and use it to send all my newsletters. Why would I want to hide it from the recipients?
            • 171 Posts
            Ok, now I think I’m starting to understand the issue.

If I understand correctly your problem is that the user’s registration data is sent by email in the confirmation email right?
              • 6 Posts
              Any suggestions as to why emails sent from this module are always blank?

I had it working OK on my test installation. Have now installed on a client’s site and emails are empty.

I did find I needed to switch to the curl method, since file_get_contents is disabled on this server. Everything works - apart from the emails are completely empty. There’s nothing in the mail source at all, just the headers arriving.

PHP 4.3.2, if that helps...
                • 26 Posts
                Hi there!
                Having a little error message while trying to subscribe:
                Error occurs during your subscription !You can go back to retry.
                I have set only one field - email to fill in the form. I figured out that only function genSQLinsert ($xmlPost) in txnewsletters.inc.php may throw this error, but I can’t see anything wrong, or it is outside my skill level, which is not too high.
                It may also be caused because I’m using MODx Evolution 1.0.3 with standard TXNewsletter 0.9.
                The snippet is called on a few pages through a chunk.
                Maybe it’s with module configuration setting "Page Subscribe"? It doesn’t accept multiple values.

What can be wrong? Any ideas?

MySQL - 5.0.75-percona-highperf-b11-log
                PHP Version 5.2.9

Thank You
                  MODx is great! Thanks for great work!

Portfolio, mostly MODx: dbdizainas.lt
                  • 29 Posts
                  @ Donatas: Could be problems with the validation in TXnewsletter perhaps? Have you tried another e-mail address?

Please see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,28439.msg287826.html#msg287826
                    • 22 Posts
                    I cant upload the cvs huh I get this error
                    Name : test.csv
                    Size : 17446 octets
                    Unable to copy file to /home/clubjagu/public_html/assets/upload/ !

I’ve triple check and the folder has the permissions have any Idea What I could be doing wrong?

Thanks
                      • 26 Posts
                      @ HrEsben: Tried both different emails and changing the regex in txnewsletters.inc.php, but the error remains. I can add entries through module successfuly. Any ideas?
                        MODx is great! Thanks for great work!

Portfolio, mostly MODx: dbdizainas.lt