We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    Hello,

Is it possible to have the longtitle that appears in the friendly url rather than the alias ?

Thanks
    Mehdi
      Scuse my english...I'm swiss
    • Quote from: mehdi at Dec 13, 2008, 05:33 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to have the longtitle that appears in the friendly url rather than the alias ?

Thanks
      Mehdi

That would be a nice option since the alias box strips out snippet tags etc and would be nice to be able to use something like [+user.username+] or similar tags to dynamically name pages after user names etc.
        Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
        AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
        • 119 Posts
        Hello !

I’m back again to ask if someone knows how to modify the SEO Strict URL to obtain the [*pagetitle*] + [*longtitle*] in the Friendly URL, rather than the content of the alias field?

Because when we created our website 3 years ago we didn’t complete the alias field of any document and now we would have approximately 2000 documents to change one by one...

Does anyone have a solution?

Scuse my english...I'm swiss
          • 2,314 Posts
          Hi there,

i recently relaunched a website and would like to 301 redirect a couple of old URLs to the new MODx version via .htaccess

it works for all pages except the homepage, and i guess it has to do with the plugin

i redirect pages like this:
          Redirect 301 /oldpage.htm http://www.domain.com/index.php?id=6

but now i can’t redirect the old home-page using:
          Redirect 301 /index.htm http://www.domain.com/index.php?id=16

ID16 is the ID of my home-page, but using that redirect ends in an endless loop and the entire site’s not displaying

does anyone know how to do this?

thanks, j
            • 45 Posts
            Quote from: sharkbait at Sep 09, 2009, 07:06 AM

...snipped

ID16 is the ID of my home-page, but using that redirect ends in an endless loop and the entire site’s not displaying

does anyone know how to do this?

thanks, j

It’s looping, i think, because you have an ID set for home in your configuration panel. Redirecting via .htaccess, in this case I don’t believe will work since you are telling it to loop based on the configured Start Site ID. You could try changing the start site ID in configuration panel to that of your preferred home page. That is if, i assume, that you are working on a single domain?

That’s if i understand you right of course wink
              Argue for your limitations and they are yours!
              • 2,314 Posts
              Hey d3signr,

thanks for your reply!

yes, it’s a single domain

index.php?id=16 is my homepage and also configured as my start site ID, it’s always displayed as http://www.domain.com/

no matter how i change the redirect-rule, it either results in a loop or a 404
                • 31 Posts
                Hello I am having some trouble with integration of this great plugin. I have put my post here
                http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,40179.0.html

I hope that is the correct place. In any case any advice or clues are fully appreciated!
                Thanks a lot!
                  MODx is way ahead... Thanks for your work!
                  • 3 Posts
                  I had a strange issue that I would end up with an endless 301 loop.

Canging
                   ($parts[0] != $strictURL)

to

($requestedURL != $strictURL)

fixed the entire issue.

Full code for anyone else having issues can be found at:
                  http://www.yacoby.net/modx-plugins/strict-urls.html
                    • 2,310 Posts
                    Thanks for the info, I’m going tot try it on a site where I was getting the 301 loop.
                      • 3 Posts
                      Quote from: bunk58 at Nov 02, 2009, 02:13 PM

Thanks for the info, I’m going tot try it on a site where I was getting the 301 loop.
                      LMK if it works. If it does I would suggest that the line is changed to something like this:
                      ($parts[0] != $strictURL && $requestedURL != $strictURL)

Or a better fix if someone can be bothered to diagnose the full problem (which I think could be due to the fact that makeUrl possibly returns the full url rather than a relative url). Maybe due to different versions being used? If this it the case the above code would maintain compatibility for both, but it is a bit... messy.