We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 225 Posts
    Ok Coroico, I think we are getting somewhere now.

I did what you said and the script seemed to run properly. The output ended in a "global elapsed time", and I will assume that is correct. Now I don't have a new docindex folder or index file. Am I suppose to create this file with the output?
      • 225 Posts
      Scratch that, as I now have the folder and files after running the script a few more times. I now can do searches with the "zend" engine specified. I do get a fatal error when I try to specify "all" for the engine, but at least I am indexed now.

Thanks for the help, Coroico.
        • 1,717 Posts
        Quote from: deniro0311 at Aug 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
        I now can do searches with the "zend" engine specified. I do get a fatal error when I try to specify "all" for the engine,.
        To fix the issue with the "all" engine mode replace the line 246 of core/components/advsearch/model/advsearch/advsearchresults.class.php :
                $mysqlResults = $this->doMysqlSearch('mysql');

by:
                $mysqlResults = $this->doEngineSearch('mysql');

I have opened a bug on https://github.com/Coroico/AdvSearch/issues
        [ed. note: coroico last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
          • 225 Posts
          Ok, I made the change and the error is gone. However, I do have an issue, but maybe I am just not fully understanding the different engines.

"mysql" and "all" yield the exact same results. "zend" yields different results, like it should.

Shouldn't "all" include the results for "mysql" and "zend" and not just "mysql"?
            • 1,717 Posts
            I have added two new demos. Compare search engines and "all" engine.
            Hope this will help you.
              • 225 Posts
              Thanks Coroico, I will look them over.
                • 101 Posts
                First of all, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for AdvSearch. The faceted search feature is awesome! I have it up and running perfectly on a site I am developing but I have a question - is there an inbuilt placeholder that will allow the selected values to be displayed on the results page? I've played around with the +query and +searchValue placeholders but i'm not sure how these work to be honest.

For example, my dropdown listboxes hold values for Region, Year and Market, and the faceted search works brilliantly, but when the results come up, the listboxes refresh to their default, (All Regions, All Years, All Markets) and although the correct results are listed, there is no way to let the user know that these are the returned articles, for, as an example "Region: Asia Pacific, Year: 2010, Market: Transport".

So I am wondering if there is a simple way to accomplish this? [ed. note: atype last edited this post 12 years, 8 months ago.]
                  • 1,717 Posts
                  Thanks for your encouragement.

is there an inbuilt placeholder that will allow the selected values to be displayed on the results page?
                  No, it doesn't exist placeholders for the extra values added to the form. Only the search term is available through the +query placeholder.

For example, my dropdown listboxes hold values for Region, Year and Market, and the faceted search works brilliantly, but when the results come up, the listboxes refresh to their default, (All Regions, All Years, All Markets) and although the correct results are listed, there is no way to let the user know that these are the returned articles, for, as an example "Region: Asia Pacific, Year: 2010, Market: Transport".
                  To solve this, I have set up for my own business a set of snippets that are used inside forms.These snippets runs with ajaxSearch. See this page: http://www.evo.wangba.fr/index.php?id=240
                  [/url]
                  All these snippets are used in the ajaxSearch input template to set the values of the html tag (List, radio button, checkbox) but also to re-display the value previously selected by the end user (when the results are on the same page as the search form).
                  The same thing could be done with Revo, but this imply to port to Xpdo the mysql request used inside these snippets to get the values (dropdown list values from TV for example).

• 101 Posts
                    OK, thankyou for your help Coroico.
                      • 45 Posts
                      Is there a way to stop AdvSearch / AdvSearchForm from outputting CSS and JavaScript to the <head>, other than commenting out the regClientStartupScript & regClientCss items in advsearch.class.php and advsearchform.class.php?

I found &addJQuery=`0` already, but no option for advsearch.css, advsearchform.min.js and the AdvSearch header.