We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Is it possible to increase the size if the FCKe edit/text area, esp. the hieght?

Thanks.
      • 107 Posts
      Hi im completely confused here..
      lets see..on my local box where Ive been testing I guess I was using modx 0.9.2
      it has fckeditor...

Well on my remote site I noticed that the very slow tinymce is the default rich text editor tongue
      So I downloaded and installed the latest fckeditor plugin, ran install...

Biut when I go to settingsfor the plugin their are only blank options for toolbar sets....

I miss my fckeditor! sad
      ie. Mainly being able to see the styles

NOTE: THis I think is the prob but dont know how to solve...
      in the
      -configuration
      -User Interface settings
      -FCKEditor Settings
      ----there is no default toolbar set to select. The selection box is completely empty. There are no choices.
      ???!!
      weird..
      Should I try a reinstall or something?
        • 107 Posts
        Ok well I discovered that even though there is no text in the fields of the drop down for Tool bar selection there are still fields. Albeit blank.

I clicked on the 2nd field and got my standard tool bar set as default and its working.

Still dont know why the text was missing but at least it still works. !
        whooopeee!
        ~TinyMCE always bogs down my computer for some reason, I’m sure its customizable, but out of the box I prefer FCKeditor.~

TY.
          • 6 Posts
          FCKEditor - uploading images - problem

I am using the FCKEditor on the front-end. When I click on the upload image button I get the "image button" popup box. There are four tabs - "image info,upload and advanced.

Select the upload tab

I click on the browse button to select the image from my computer. I then click on the "send to the server" button.

I then click ok and a js box says"Please type in URL", where I am brought to the "image info" tab. It has an empty url field. This is the problem
          In the preview window their is a broken images trying to load from this directory  ....assets/plugins/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_image/images/
          No images have uploaded to this directory on the server

Any help would be appreciated.

-------------------------------
          Think I need to change in my fckconfig.js file the FCKConfig.BaseHref variable
          I am using godadday as a host and my  file path is /home/content/p/h/o/mysite/html/modx/modx-0.9.5/
          not sure if I should use this or the url path

====================
          Looks like there are alot of file paths ect that need to be changed in fckconfig.js. For example it references "filemanager ", which I believe should be "manager" . I am a newbie at this, and tried to make the changes but no luck,

===============================
          after going crazy for a few days on this , I was able to add the browse server button on the front-end by following instruction from this post
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,1469.msg14255.html#msg14255
          ===================================
          can load image to the server at assets/images directory.
          but url for image is pointing to
          http://mysite.com/modx/modx-0.9.5/assets/plugins/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_image/assets/images/myimage.jpg
          in the popup dialog box
            • 31 Posts
            hey ho,

FCKeditor 2.4 released - will it find its way into modx soon? would be very very cool!

/slackstar
              • 65 Posts
              Hi,

I have installed 0.9.5 but when I try to add a picture to any page the "Browse" button does not show in the popup, I have the URL and Alt text boxes etc and the preview box. I can paste the URL in and it all works OK, just no browse button.

Any ideas?
                • 31 Posts
                any news about fckeditor 2.4?
                  • 1,131 Posts
                  Quote from: muzzargh at Mar 12, 2007, 12:14 AM

Hi,

I have installed 0.9.5 but when I try to add a picture to any page the "Browse" button does not show in the popup, I have the URL and Alt text boxes etc and the preview box. I can paste the URL in and it all works OK, just no browse button.

Any ideas?

What browser and OS are you using? If you’re on Firefox and you have the Adblock extension installed, disable it for your MODx site and you should be good. smiley
                    Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                    • 1,131 Posts
                    Quote from: slackstar at Mar 19, 2007, 10:42 AM

any news about fckeditor 2.4?

Man...I’ve been so behind on this! LOL! I’ll try and get it out soon. Just had some deadlines on some other things that had to be done first. I’ll see if I can get it out this week. Sorry about the delay! laugh

Jeff
                      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                      • 31 Posts
                      hey ho,

i dont want to bother anyone here, but is there a chance, that version 2.4 will be released in the next days? version 2.4.1 is available now. 2.4 has some really nice features which tinymce doesnt have. thats the only reason why i am asking and begging for it! ;-)

yours,
                      slackstar