We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    Awesome Bogdan! smiley

[offtopic]

Sylvaticus, what is that theme you are using?

[/offtopic]
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • 143 Posts
      @Sylvaticus:

Another small thing, in the instructions on the Doc Finder MODx recource side you say [...]
      Thanks for that hint too, it seems I was too focused on the PHP code and forgot to look at the descriptions smiley

index.txt

Oh ... this of course can not work with index.txt. Please rename the file back to index.php. If you changed any other filenames besides the folder name mentioned before please rename them back to the original names. Or simply download the Doc Finder one more time. Then everything should run smoothly then.

Thanks,
      Bogdan
        Medianotions – Studio für Webdesign
        http://www.medianotions.de
        • 615 Posts
        No no, you got it wrong. My mistace. I renamed the index.php file here because it is not possible to add a index.php file as an attachment in this forum. That’s why I just named it index.txt, so it could be possible to send it to you from within this forum.

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, gz, bz2, xls, psd, css, tgz, odt, sql, tpl, rtf, xml

The file is of course called index.php on my site. smiley
          I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
          • 143 Posts
          Alright then we had a misunderstanding. But the problem still remains, that the index.php File ist nor interpreted as PHP code. I don’t have any idea why this happens. Many other users have downloaded the Doc Finder and did not have any such problem.

Further ideas:

1)
          include($modx->config['base_path']."assets/modules/docfinder/index.php");

Does the content of the Doc Finer module code look like this?

2)
          Do you have access to other MODx installations or can easily create a new one on your server to check Doc Finder in a different MODx installation?

Thanks,
          Bogdan
            • 615 Posts
            1. Yes, the module code is correct.
            2. Good suggestion; I tried it on another MODx installation and it works perfect (and is allready in use there, thanks laugh ). The difference is that I use MODx 0.9.6.2 on the installation where Doc Finder don’t work, and 0.9.6.1 where it works.

That’s the only difference, since they both are installed on the same server on the same webhost.
              • 143 Posts
              I am sorry Sylvaticus, I can’t reproduce the bug. I just made fresh installation of MODx 0.9.6.2 RC1 and installed Doc Finder 1.2. Everything works just fine. I am afraid I don’t really have any more ideas why Doc Finder is not running on this installation of yours.

Bogdan
                • 615 Posts
                That’s absolutelly OK. Thanks for your help anyway. I try some more by my self, and report here if I find out what’s wrong. smiley
                  • 143 Posts
                  Important Update:

There have been some bugs in the 1.2 version of Doc Finder which I fixed now. Please update to Doc Finder 1.2.1 especially if you use the new replace function.

Thanks,
                  Bogdan
                    • 66 Posts
                    It’s just beautiful, works a treat, saved me a huge amount of time fixing some small but recurrent errors - thank you!! smiley
                    • Just had a thought that would really could use some interesting options added:

1) Search in chunks, snippets, plugins and modules too ... sometimes things need to be altered there as well.
                      2) Search by creation/modification date.
                      3) Add checkboxes for the ones you want to selectively modify.
                      3) Use the checkboxes to selectively apply replacement actions or alternately export found the set (or subset) as a MySQL DB dump.

Combined with Subversion, this would give you a down-and-dirty way to migrate changes from a dev-environment to a production environment for web apps. For example you could search for all changes in your snippets and chunks (and content) since your last push to live which occurred on Jun 3, 2008 at 4PM. Any documents, snippets, chunks, etc. with a creation date or modified date after that time could be found and flagged for migration.

I’d be willing to pay for this addition. smiley

Regardless, it should also search in chunks at a bare minimum since those often contain site-wide things (headers, footers, sidebar content blocks, etc.).

Great work and works awesome!
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me