We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    Hi Ryan,

thanks for your concern. I have been quite busy with different commercial projects in the last few weeks. I will try to put some time aside for the forther development of Doc Finder, promised! wink

Are you asking for a specific reason?

Thanks,
    Bogdan
      Medianotions – Studio für Webdesign
      http://www.medianotions.de
    • Just general curiosity and wanting to see it continue progressing. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 143 Posts
        Here we go, Doc Finder 1.2 is out and includes a replace function now. Finally you can search and replace in the MODx Manager. I don’t know how your day to day work with the Manager looks like but I really missed search and replace wink

Please send me feedback if you detect any bugs or problems.

Thanks,
        Bogdan
        • outstanding smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 615 Posts
            I get an error ufter installation. This is what I get in the manager:
            db->config['table_prefix']; $theme=$modx->db->select('setting_value', '`' . $tb_prefix . 'system_settings`', 'setting_name=\'manager_theme\'', ''); $theme=$modx->db->getRow($theme); $theme=($theme['setting_value'] <> '') ? '/' . $theme['setting_value'] : ''; // load text direction as seen in Doc manager if(isset($modx->config['manager_direction'])) $dir=($modx->config['manager_direction'] == 'rtl' ? 'dir="rtl"' : ''); else $dir=""; // load lang as seen in Doc Manager $lang=$modx->config['manager_language']; // get and set post and session vars: form controls if(isset($_POST['checkform'])) $checkform=$_POST['checkform']; else $checkform="load"; if(isset($_POST['update_session'])) $update_session=$_POST['update_session']; else $update_session=0; // get and set post and session vars: search fields if(isset($_POST['df_id']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_id']) and !$update_session) $search['id']='checked="checked"'; else $search['id']=""; if(isset($_POST['pagetitle']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_pagetitle']) and !$update_session) $search['pagetitle']='checked="checked"'; else $search['pagetitle']=""; if(isset($_POST['longtitle']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_longtitle']) and !$update_session) $search['longtitle']='checked="checked"'; else $search['longtitle']=""; if(isset($_POST['description']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_description']) and !$update_session) $search['description']='checked="checked"'; else $search['description']=""; if(isset($_POST['alias']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_alias']) and !$update_session) $search['alias']='checked="checked"'; else $search['alias']=""; if(isset($_POST['introtext']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_introtext']) and !$update_session) $search['introtext']='checked="checked"'; else $search['introtext']=""; if(isset($_POST['menutitle']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_menutitle']) and !$update_session) $search['menutitle']='checked="checked"'; else $search['menutitle']=""; if(isset($_POST['content']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_content']) and !$update_session) $search['content']='checked="checked"'; else $search['content']=""; if(isset($_POST['tvs']) or !empty($_SESSION['docfinder_tvs']) and !$update_session) $search['tvs']='checked="checked"'; else $search['tvs']=""; // get and set post and session vars: search options if(isset($_POST['advancedSearch']) and $_POST['advancedSearch']=="visible" or
            an further on.

I followed your instructions, which are wery simple an easy, but I went wrong anyway.

Any clue?

MODx 0.9.6.2 on Linuz/Apache/MySQL.
              I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
              • 623 Posts
              Great stuff! Works as advertised! Very easy and extremely useful! Thanks a lot.

BTW, great blog design too!
                The MODx has you...
                Utah Web Design
                • 143 Posts
                Thanks for the feedback Sylvaticus, but I am afraid I don’t get it. The PHP code is just displayed as plain text? Which error is displayed? Maybe a screenshot would be clarifying.

Thanks,
                Bogdan
                  • 615 Posts
                  This is what I get after clicking on Doc Finder:

I tried once more to install the module, but with the same result. In your instructions you say : Copy the folder docfinder to /assets/modules/, but in my DocFinder zip package there is only a Doc Finder 1.2 folder, so I renamed it to docfinder and placed that in assets/modules/.

Thanks for helping.  smiley Now I’m gonna sleep.
                    • 143 Posts
                    Good point with the folder name, thanks. I forgot to rename it before uploading and just changed this.

Very strange. It seems that the PHP code is not parsed but just displayed as text. Could you please:

a) Check if the Doc Manager Module is running

b) send me the file index.php inside the docfinder folder so I can have a look at it

Thanks,
                    Bogdan
                      • 615 Posts
                      Both Manage Modules and Doc Manager are running.

Another small thing, in the instructions on the Doc Finder MODx recource side you say
                      include($modx->config['base_path']."assets/modules/docfinder/index.php");
                      and in the readme file you say
                      include("../assets/modules/docfinder/index.php");
                      No big deal, I just wanted to mention it. I tried them both, but with the same result.

There must be something I did wrong when I set up the module, I just can’t find out what.

You must rename the index.txt file I added, it’s not possible to send an index.php file it self.

Thanks again. smiley