We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 177 Posts
    The attached zip file contains a replacement for v1.5 bkup_class.php. This has the zip compression turned off. I was able to duplicate the failure conditions on my Linux platform where the zip process stops at 95MB on a large website. Keep in mind that the resulting zip file will have no compression and be slightly larger than your website.

Thanks in advance for those who can test. Please provide feedback on your results. If this works then I’ll include an option in the config to enable/disable compression in v1.6.
      • 8 Posts
      The module is working perfectly. I am not sure which folders to backup.

George.
        • 8 Posts
        I just noticed one issue with my installation. mysql dump is made to tmp folder but is ultimately removed. I don’t find it in the zip file in archive folder. I found this out by commenting out line 473 which deletes the dump file.

All the files are backed up and mysql dump is also done but should it be added to the zip file? Thanks.

// Delete SQL files
        foreach (glob (’tmp/*’) as $file_name) {
        echo ’Deleted’ . $file_name . ’ size ’ . filesize ($file_name) . ’ . . . ’;
        //unlink ($file_name);
        } //

George.
          • 177 Posts
          Quote from: davisambrose at Jun 20, 2008, 09:10 PM
          ...All the files are backed up and mysql dump is also done but should it be added to the zip file?

The only condition that I can duplicate those results is if the recurse value is set to "no". Make sure the parent directory that contains tmp/ has a "yes" in the bkup_config.php. All other conditions should error out or not work at all.
            • 177 Posts
            v1.6 just released!

* Improved zip process adding yes/no in bkup_config.php to compress files in archive zip

* Automatically skips previous archive zip files

* Updated verify screen to display compress setting

Upgrade and new installation instructions in README.txt.

Enjoy!
            • Hey chuck... I’m receiving this error when backing up.

Start PclZip archive of all files to home/sites/mysite/public_html/backup/archiveERR_bkup_20080623_023208.zip . . . Error: PCLZIP_ERR_READ_OPEN_FAIL (-2) : Unable to open archive ’home/sites/mysite/public_html/backup/archiveERR_bkup_20080623_023208.zip’ in wb mode

What could be the problem?

Cheers, Ross

EDIT : I forgot the first slash before home "/home"

EDIT AGAIN : Unfortunately it’s still not backing up my whole site. I can only assume it’s to do with how big my site is (370mb). I’m going to contact the host again and ask them what the deal is.

I just tried it on a smaller site, about 70mb. The backup complete message isn’t showing even after 10minutes but does appear to of worked.

Backup in process...

Start MySQL backup of mysite to backup/tmp/mysite.sql . . . Completed MySQL backup. - Size: 8272251

Start FileList . . . File count: 12284 . . Completed FileList.

Start PclZip archive of all files to /home/sites/mysite/public_html/backup/archive/mysite_bkup_20080623_025358.zip . . .
                Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
                • 55 Posts
                When i do backup:

Backup in process... 

Start MySQL backup of modx to backup/tmp/modx.sql . . . Completed MySQL backup. - Size: 579990

Start MySQL backup of modx to backup/tmp/modx.sql . . . Completed MySQL backup. - Size: 579990

Start FileList . . . File count: 7061 . . Completed FileList. 

Start PclZip archive of all files to /var/www/servers/design/html/tmp/bup-archive/go4it2day_bkup_20080623_131915.zip . . . 
                Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/servers/design/html/ul-customs/backup/bkup_class_ext.php on line 3247

How this may be fixed?
                  • 177 Posts
                  Quote from: rossco at Jun 23, 2008, 08:34 AM

...Unfortunately it’s still not backing up my whole site. I can only assume it’s to do with how big my site is (370mb). I’m going to contact the host again and ask them what the deal is...

Is compress set to yes or no in the config file? For a large site I recommend the no compress setting.

Quote from: rossco at Jun 23, 2008, 08:34 AM

I just tried it on a smaller site, about 70mb. The backup complete message isn’t showing even after 10minutes but does appear to of worked.

If the backup complete message didn’t show then there’s a good chance the zip file is incomplete. What values for seconds and megabytes did you use? Was the seconds value set to 600 seconds when you waited for 10 minutes?
                  • I set the MB to 400 for both, 600 seconds just to give it time and set compression to no for both. Also in my php.ini file i set the memory to 50M.
                      Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                      AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
                      • 177 Posts
                      [quote author=cept link=topic=26308.msg162995#msg162995 date=1214213183]
                      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/servers/design/html/ul-customs/backup/bkup_class_ext.php on line 3247

Either your megagbytes value in the config file is not set or your host does not allow you to change the value. 8 megabytes is the php.ini default for Apache. That’s usually not enough for the zip process. If you do have the default of 96 for megabytes and still get this error the try compress no.