We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 173 Posts
    The globe stops right away but I get no errors? I boosted memory and timeout to what you said, must be me not doing something right

ss
      I made my first site with modx
      ------------------------
      Shopping blog
      Sky+ HD
      • 177 Posts
      Quote from: Many at Jun 09, 2008, 02:12 PM

Unfortunately, it’s already Off...

It’s possible the backup is still good. If you get a chance check to see how close the file count in the zip file is to file count on your website. The counts are close but not exact since at a minimum the script creates dump files for each database then deletes them after the zip process. Checking on the sql files is a bit more problematic since it requires going through the import process with a tool like phpMyAdmin. I would only recommend that if you are confident you have a clean sql backup and a test environment to play with.
        • 177 Posts
        Quote from: simonok at Jun 09, 2008, 04:22 PM

The globe stops right away...

Sounds like a setting in the config file.  Don’t post your config file for the world to see.  If you have your backup script secured with .htaccess/.htpasswd (or some other method) then you can IM me with a cut & paste of your bkup_config.php.  Never can be too cautious when it comes to security these days!
          • 177 Posts
          Version 1.5 just released:

* Added multiple backup retention with delete feature

* Updated verify screen to display directories to backup

* Standardized directory names with trailing slashes ("/") in bkup_config.php

To upgrade:
          Save your bkup_config.php from v1.4 (just in case)
          Remove v1.4
          Unzip v1.5
          Setup new bkup_config.php for v1.5 (use v1.4 as reference)

• 2,310 Posts
            Nice module!
            I’m testing on a Windows XP SP2 machine running Wampserver.
            The backup process seems to work okay for the files, but I can’t find the DB dump, there is no folder /tmp inside the backup folder.
            I noticed I get the
            MySQL database name - NOTICE: NO MYSQL BACKUP: missing host/user/pass
            message at verify, even though this is confirmed as mysql mode 3.
            Any thoughts?
            P.S works fine on a Linux production server, what a good addition.
              • 177 Posts
              Quote from: bunk58 at Jun 10, 2008, 08:53 AM

Nice module!
              I’m testing on a Windows XP SP2 machine running Wampserver.
              The backup process seems to work okay for the files, but I can’t find the DB dump, there is no folder /tmp inside the backup folder.
              I noticed I get the
              MySQL database name - NOTICE: NO MYSQL BACKUP: missing host/user/pass
              message at verify, even though this is confirmed as mysql mode 3.
              Any thoughts?
              P.S works fine on a Linux production server, what a good addition.

I’m able to reproduce your results in Windows if the database values are missing in the file manager/includes.config.inc.php. That’s where the scripts look for mode 3. Is that the case with your test setup, the value haven’t been setup yet?
                • 2,310 Posts
                The "manager/includes.config.inc.php" is okay but I don’t have a password, maybe that’s causing the issue?
                I’ll setup another MySQL user with a password and see if that cures it and report back.
                Guess what a client just asked if there was a better way of backing up his site.
                I of course answered yes, just tell me what exactly needs backing up!
                  • 2,310 Posts
                  Once I created a new user with a password it worked fine.
                  Thanks again Chuck.
                  Off to deploy on a live site or ten.
                    • 177 Posts
                    Quote from: bunk58 at Jun 10, 2008, 12:51 PM

Once I created a new user with a password it worked fine.

Good news! The scripts assume the database is setup with a password. I didn’t think operating without a database password was a common setup. It’s an easy fix if needed.
                      • 2,310 Posts
                      Maybe it’s just me, but on my local machine I just let MySQL run as root and no password as there’s no security issues that I can think of.
                      I doubt it worth any re-writing as I was just testing for ease of deployment etc.
                      Again many thanks for your work.