We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Thanks Chuck...very helpful. I’ll definitely need to read up more about security...
      • 52 Posts
      Thank for your module.
      But im getting an ’Internal Server Error’ when i try to run it.
      Im probably doing something wrong but i dont see what since i’ve followed the install.txt instructions.
        http://www.la-rencontre.info"" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Rencontre Musulmane

http://www.picsof.asia"" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Picture Asia
        • 177 Posts
        Quote from: lemerou at Jul 21, 2009, 07:54 AM

im getting an ’Internal Server Error’ when i try to run it.

Unfortunately that error is not specific enough. There maybe more info available in the web server logs. It’s most likely caused by an invalid config value.
          • 70 Posts
          Just something I want to clear up: if I get an error like this (when I try to run the module)
          Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 0 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 116 bytes) in /home/customers/mysitename/public_html/backup/control.class.php on line 50

it has something to do with php.ini memory_limit settings? I’ve tried increasing the megabytes number in config.inc.php, but that doesn’t seem to help. I don’t have direct access to the php.ini file so I’ll have to contact my host and have them modify it.

• 4 Posts
            Hi,

I’m new to BkupMODx. I installed and configured but once I launch TOOLS I just get the icons without any links to the action pages?

Any help appreciated. (I tried Opera, Firefox, the module and the standalone version 2.3, No way I can get access to the links)

Thanks
              • 177 Posts
              Quote from: mauricebis at Sep 14, 2009, 01:49 PM

I installed and configured but once I launch TOOLS I just get the icons without any links to the action pages?

The links are anchored to the icons. The icons should get larger on a mouse over. Does your screen look like the attached image?
                • 4 Posts
                Thanks Chuck. Yes, I’ve just the images in the TOOLS page, I had a look at the html source and no trace of anchors in the page so no wonder, I can’t go anywhere.
                  • 177 Posts
                  I’m using Firefox and the anchors don’t show up in the page source either. They do show up in the frame source which displays the XHTML of the object within the page source.

Do the icons get larger when you do a mouse over?
                    • 4 Posts
                    No, the icons don’t get larger when I hover. I reinstalled and still nothing. (By the way, there’s something a bit strange: the file /backup/backup is empty?).
                      • 177 Posts
                      Quote from: mauricebis at Sep 15, 2009, 05:27 AM

No, the icons don’t get larger when I hover. I reinstalled and still nothing. (By the way, there’s something a bit strange: the file /backup/backup is empty?).

Don’t worry about the 0 byte /backup/backup file. I don’t know how that ever got into the release package in the first place.

The only way I’m able to replicate what your reporting is when I forget to add the trailing slash on the site_url in the config.inc.php. In that case the object in the Tools frame never populates. It displays the page header, key with the icon descriptions and page footer. What version of PHP are you using?