We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Is it possible to customise QuickEdit so the main dropdown menu only displays the Tamplate Variables that appear on that page?
      • 680 Posts
      Quote from: jello at Nov 07, 2005, 04:57 PM

Is it possible to customise QuickEdit so the main dropdown menu only displays the Tamplate Variables that appear on that page?

You can of course hack it to only show the TVs but you’d have to get into the code a good bit. In the future I hope to have a configuration page where you can set that sort of thing, I’d also like to be able to turn certain features of for specific users. But that might not happen for a while.
        • 2,204 Posts
        so would it be posible to make a slim version of the module/plugin?
        without the extra menu? that way we could set the editable parts the old way and not having to worry that clients will enter the manager etc.
          follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • That would be pretty straightforward Dimmy. Just look at the output.class.inc.php in the QE folder.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 2,204 Posts
            Ok thanks will have a look
              follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
              • 7,075 Posts
              I want to localize in french the quickedit menu. It doesn’t seem like localization is built in yet, strings are hardcoded, aren’t they ? I had a quick look into the quickedit module files but didn’t find where the strings are... any chance you might point me in the right direction ?
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • Now that’s a good idea David... can you bugtrack it, please? Doh!
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Well I am willing to do so but first I have to track the hardcoded strings, and that’s where you can spare my eyes telling me where to look smiley I just looked quickly into the modules/quickedit folder files, but didn’t find yet what I was looking for.

Okay nevermind I found the strings in contentVariable.class.inc.php, output.class.inc.php and output.js. I’ll make a list of which strings in which files should be localizable.

Then I submit it in FlySpray ? Did I get that right ?

MODx est l'outil id
                    • 680 Posts
                    Thanks David.

This is something I’ve been meannig to do for quite a while and there’s not a lot of text in QE so it shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ll see if I can get it done for 0.9.1.
                      • 7,075 Posts
                      Adam, I am done identifying the strings, and I have made a french translation of quickedit smiley

There are not many strings indeed... too bad I don’t code (just hack a little), the only thing I can do is list :

In contentVariable.class.inc.php

Basically the variables I had to edit are $caption and $description between line 80 and 132.

In output.class.inc.php

From QE_menu_1, line 155 to 158 I had to edit the links and their titles. Also the h1 menu title line 162

In output.js

Line 46 and 48 I had to edit the "Hide links" and "Show Links" strings.

There you go, if I see something else I’ll report smiley

I’ll gladly maintain a french version for quickedit once you’re done laugh

MODx est l'outil id