We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 107 Posts
    BTW-
    In the style for that wordpress style archive..if you want to get rid of the gaps in the li’s dont forget to apply:
    display:inline

to the style
    .reflect_archive_list ul ul li

IE quirk.
    that alone will get rid of spacing probs.
    Again thank you...I cant believe something like a misspelling has put me on hold for as many hours as it has...
    (note to self: check spelling first!)

• 164 Posts
      Hi,

Is there any way to limit the results to just one month?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah
        • 39 Posts
        Hi sorry to bump this old post like this(but it does have relavence i think)...

based on the previous posts ive been trying to create something similar(ie a post archive)
        so

page 107 is my blog page, and is also where i want to display the archive, and it is also the folder that all my blogs(pages) are being kept under

page107
        blog1
        blog2
        blog3

page124

so... page 107 contains the following code

[[Reflect?config=`wordpress` &targetID=`124` &dittoSnippetParameters=`startID:107`]]

and in another page(page 124) i have this code
        [!Ditto?startID=`107` &tpl=`BlogEntry` &extenders=`dateFilter`!]

now when i load page 107 i can see my blogs and also th archive, but when i select the archive i am brought to a page

URL: www.mydomain.com/124.html?reflect_708_month=5&reflect_708_year=2008&reflect_708_day=false&reflect_708_start=0

and a blank page....

andbody have any suggestions as to what im doing wrong?,,
        cheers
          • 970 Posts
          Try using &id parameter for both snippets(Ditto and Reflect).
            • 26 Posts
            Hi,

I cannot make this automate archive working... I did everything as described above,  I tried also to follow steps from here:
            http://ditto.modxcms.com/tutorials/wordpress-style-archives.html,

I have still info: The Ditto object is invalid. Please check it.

I don’t know if i am doing this right... I have page called Blog (2) where I have summary of my posts published. In this folder I keep all posts. I created new document called Archive (52) where I put this call:
            <h2>[+wp_month+] [+wp_day+] [+wp_year+]</h2> [!Ditto? &id=`wp` &extenders=`dateFilter` &parents=`2`!] 

In my template I put on a sidebar this call:
            [!Reflect? config=`wordpress` &targetID=`52` &getDocuments=`1` &dittoSnippetParameters=`parents:2` &id=`wp`!]

It is not working, what I’m doing wrong? Do I have to specify somwhere this id=wp? do I have to specify something like: config=`wordpress`  ? I don’t understand where these come from, I took them from teutorial.
            also, do I have to create new documents for each month? or is it automaticly created? I’m lost.....
            Thanks
              • 13 Posts
              Hi All!,

I’m having a little glitch with Reflect as well.

WHen I use it, it seems to exclude some of my docs from the archive.

I’ve tried formatting Reflect via the &dateSource=`pub_date` variable to pull everything for that month but it doesnt seem to work.

I checked my created on timestamps and still for that month there should be alot more docs in the archive than are showing. Its showing 3 out of possible 10 docs.

Please assist?

In the parent page the code I have is found below.
              [[Ditto? &startID=`61` &summarize=`5` &removeChunk=`Comments` &tpl=`ditto_blog` &paginate=`1` &extenders=`summary,dateFilter` &paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1` &tagData=`documentTags`]] 

Showing [+start+] - [+stop+] of [+total+] Articles [+previous+] [+pages+] [+next+] 

[[Reflect?config=`wordpress` &targetID=`102` &dateSource=`pub_date` &getDocuments=`1` dittoSnippetParameters=`parents:61`&id=`wp`!]

On the archive page this is the code I use

[+wp_month+] [+wp_day+] [+wp_year+]

[[Ditto?id=`wp` &parents=`61` &removeChunk=`Comments` &tpl=`ditto_blog` &extenders=`summary,dateFilter` &tagData=`documentTags`]]  

I’d really appreciate some help.

I also dont understand how the "id=’wp’ " is supposed to work. What do I do if I need multiple archive pages?

Tanx
              aaadar
                • 970 Posts
                [[Reflect?config=`wordpress` &targetID=`102` &dateSource=`pub_date` &getDocuments=`1` dittoSnippetParameters=`parents:61`&id=`wp`!]

Reflect has a bug when it is used with the parameter &dateSource=`pub_date`.
                -> http://mirror3.cvsdude.com/trac/ditto/codebase/ticket/89

To avoid this, I think you can try this... &dittoSnippetParameters=`parents:61|sortBy:pub_date`.
                (Do not forget ’&’ in front of every parameter ! -> http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Snippet_call_anatomy)
                  • 13 Posts
                  I tried it and it still doesnt seem to work. Hmm

A bit frustrating. Maybe someone can guide me as to where to fix it in the code?
                    • 970 Posts
                    Then try using uncached form ... [!...!]
                      • 13 Posts
                      Tried this

[!Ditto? &startID=`61` &dateSource=`pub_date` &summarize=`5` &removeChunk=`Comments` &tpl=`ditto_blog` &paginate=`1` &extenders=`summary,dateFilter` &paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1` &tagData=`documentTags`!] 

Showing [+start+] - [+stop+] of [+total+] Articles [+previous+] [+pages+] [+next+] 

[!Reflect?config=`wordpress` &targetID=`102` &getDocuments=`1` &dittoSnippetParameters=`parents:61|sortBy:pub_date` &id=`wp`!]

then on my target page this was my snipper call

[+wp_month+] [+wp_day+] [+wp_year+] 

[!Ditto?id=`wp` &parents=`61|sortBy:pub_date` &removeChunk=`Comments` &tpl=`ditto_blog` &extenders=`summary,dateFilter` &paginate=`1` &paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1` &tagData=`documentTags`!] 

Still the same result. The snippet works but its only pulling across the feeds via the createdondate instead of pub_date

Have I set it up right?