We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 9 Posts
    Hi all,

First of all great work on the e-book. Very good stuff!
    However, I’m struggling already in the beginning.

When i have the [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0`]] in my template it shows the menu like it should: ugly but well feeded.
    But when i add the outerTpl and outerClass parts in the template along with the menuContainer chunk, it gives me a page with the text: [+wf.wrapper+]
    I’ve been following the e-book step-by-step.

Anyone can think of what i’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance smiley
      • 2,310 Posts
      Have you tried an uncached snippet call?
      [!Wayfinder? &startId=`0`!]

• 9 Posts
        I got this in my template:
        <html>
        <head>
        <title>[[*pagetitle]]</title>
        <base href="[[++site_url]]" />
        </head>
        <body>
        [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`menuContainer` &outerClass=`navigation`]]
        [[*content]]
        </body>
        </html>

and this is my mainContainer chunk:
        <ul[+wf.classes+]>[+wf.wrapper+]</ul>

With as output, just the text "[+wf.wrapper+]"

So my guess there is something wrong with the [+wf.wrapper+]. Pff, what did i do stupidly wrong..
          • 793 Posts
          You obviously use Revo, so also in your mainContainer (or menuContainer?) chunk you have to use the Revo syntax for the placeholders:
          <ul [[+wf.classes]]>[[+wf.wrapper]]</ul>

• 1 Posts
            aaawesooome. Thanks a lot. laugh
              • 63 Posts
              Tank you very much kongondo for your work. It Rocks!
                • 113 Posts
                @kongondo:

Awesome work. I had ebooks I payed for not beeing have as good as this one.

Thankx
                Frogfish
                  Smile, it confuses people!
                  • 8 Posts
                  Thank you very much kongondo!
                  Amazing piece of work.

Very much appreciated!
                    • 25 Posts
                    Wow, thanks so much for going to so much effort to create this document, I just had a really quick skim of it. Forgive me if you have covered this in the document (really have just skimmed it quickly at the moment) but I would like to create a Wayfinder menu that displays an image that has been inserted as a template variable in the page.

So I would have an area where I can upload an image into a template variable on the page, and then the Wayfinder menu displays this image as the menu option.

I hope this makes sense, and if anyone has any idea of how to accomplish this I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers,
                      • 25 Posts
                      Quote from: mojito at Nov 17, 2010, 11:39 AM

Wow, thanks so much for going to so much effort to create this document, I just had a really quick skim of it. Forgive me if you have covered this in the document (really have just skimmed it quickly at the moment) but I would like to create a Wayfinder menu that displays an image that has been inserted as a template variable in the page.

So I would have an area where I can upload an image into a template variable on the page, and then the Wayfinder menu displays this image as the menu option.

I hope this makes sense, and if anyone has any idea of how to accomplish this I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers,

Ok so I just found this tutorial which does exactly what I want, so for anyone else who might want to do this check out this tutorial http://netcane.com/blog/php/image-base-navigation-with-modx-wayfinder-menu/ it is really quite straight forward and seems to be working for me so far.