We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    Hello, this plugin is great and works perfectly but there is one cofiguration option I need for a specific project that does not seem to be included. I need an option that lets me set the levels deep to not display the crumbs at all instead of just the home. For example:

On "home" and "home>services" I don’t want to show the crumb at all but on "home>services>repairs" I do.

Maybe the feature that lets you not show on the home page could be changed to a feature that lets you not display on pages that are x number of lvls from root. So to not show on the home you would enter a "1" value and to not show on the home or its direct children pages you would enter a "2".

Short of a config option a hack would do nicely:-)

Thanks
      "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
      -- Sydney Harris
      • 118 Posts
      This snippet gives the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’<’ in /home/modx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 1

Any idea why?
        -Dorian
      • Remove the <?php on the first line of the snippet, and the closing ?> on the last.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 118 Posts
          That resulted in a...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/modx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 72
            -Dorian
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: DorianJ at Oct 31, 2006, 03:43 AM

That resulted in a...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/modx/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code on line 72
            Then something has gone wrong when you have copypasted the code into modx manager, line 72 and around that are just comment lines.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 118 Posts
              You’re right. It works. Very neat snippet!
                -Dorian
                • 64 Posts
                I’m having some problems getting the parameters to work with breadcrumbs. Maybe someone can help me. I want the breadcrumbs trail to show up on the homepage, and i also want the max crumbs to be 3. Also, I have my website setup to "use friendly aliases", which requires me to reference objects by their absolute path. Breadcrumbs isn’t doing that.
                for example. i am on a page with a path of http://website.com/folder/page.html. breadcrumbs interprets that as Home >> Folder >> Page. But, the link for "folder" will be referenced as "folder" instead of "/folder", so the browser interpets it as http://website.com/folder/page.html/folder. Does that make any kind of sense?
                I kinda don’t know what to do anymore. Any suggestions?
                  • 118 Posts
                  Post your parameter call.
                    -Dorian
                    • 64 Posts
                    All i’m using is [!Breadcrumbs? $maxCrumbs=`2` $showCrumbsAtHome=`1`!]. Any advice?
                      • 4,213 Posts
                      replace $ with &

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."