We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 76 Posts
    @cristianb88

Even if it's not in the documentation you can use template with Breadcrumb. You just have to create chunks with correct names.

Here are the name of the templates :
    bcTplCrumbCurrent
    bcTplCrumbCurrentLink
    bcTplCrumbFirst
    bcTplCrumbHome
    bcTplCrumbLast
    bcTplCrumbMax
    bcTplCrumbLink
    bcTplCrumbOuter
    bcTplCrumb

However you can't use twice Breadcrumb with differents templates sad
      • 76 Posts
      Quote from: lastoftheromans at Nov 25, 2009, 07:47 PM
      Hello,

can i change direction of breadcrumbs?
      i want like Arabic language:

D< C < B < A
      (right - to - left)

Thanks

hi lastoftheromans,

I also needed some new features from BreadCrumbs so I decided to develop my own breadcrumb package for MODx Revo : http://forums.modx.com/thread/71902/support-comments-for-breadcrumb

It supports direction property wink

Edit : I hadn't see the date of your post. I suppose you resolved your problem now !! laugh
      • Hi,
        I was using breadcrumbs 1.1 for Modx revo 2.1.3

Actually with some pages with characters with accents in the title, I had a fatal error in Apache.
        The server is Ubuntu-based, if you think it could be useful I can give you some more information about apache and php version.

The error I get is like this:

[Thu Nov 15 15:19:05 2012] [error] [client xxx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/mynamesite.it/core/components/breadcrumbs/model/breadcrumbs/breadcrumbs.class.php on line 170

As I wrote, this error happens only with pages with accents in the title, maybe it's related to some problem with url with accented chars?

Do I have to open a bug?

Thanks
          TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
          website
          • 10 Posts
          I have a suggestion, have a property that displays the current crumb if the resource is a container and to hide the resource if it is a regular page.

I don’t know if a lot of people would use it, but I’m in the process of converting our site to MODX and we currently used an index.html file system. So our current breadcrumb always lists the directory of the index file.

It’s just a suggestion, keep up the good work!
            • 328 Posts
            I've never had problems with accents. You have tried to add a slash before the accent? Try this to see if it really is a bug
            • I changed snippet, so I can't test it ... smiley

Anyway a possible problem could be with the linux server that had problem with chars mapping.
              I'm sorry I can't do further test but it was a big live site and I had to find a quick solution...
                TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
                website
                • 73 Posts
                I noticed this plugin uses an unordered list to create the breadcrumb trail. Do I tell the plugin to use my CSS via chunks? Or how does it work with this one?
                  • 73 Posts
                  Nevermind, I found out how to apply my css. But the crumbseperators are placed after the whole breadcrumb trail, not after each link. How to solve this?
                    • 73 Posts
                    Is it something in the template? Can't seem to figure it out.
                    • Hi sophieschoice, it sounds like you have a CSS problem with floats. Have you tried reviewing the crumbs/separators with the web inspector?
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me