We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    I see the problem. Add summary text to the document to have that field be propagated. The release of [-TOP SECRET-] will fix this by actually using the description as the description! LOL!
      • 345 Posts
      I think that first Description field is pulling from the template. Do you have a description entered for your template? Here’s what I have for mine which currently is still using filler info to test.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <!DOCTYPE rss SYSTEM 'http://my.netscape.com/publish/formats/rss-0.91.dtd'>
      <rss version='0.91'>
      <channel>
      <title>ACGI News</title>
      <link>http://modx.acgi.org</link>
      <description>The News Feed of the American Consultancy Group International</description>
      <language>en-EN</language>
      [!NewsListing?startID=`37`&tpl=rsstemplate&datetype =pub_date&hidefolders=1&showarch=0&multilevel=1&summarize=10&paginate=0& sortby=pub_date&emptytext=0!]
      </channel>
      </rss>

Which then feeds out this:

http://modx.acgi.org/rss.html

• 283 Posts
        OK thanks smiley,

A little bit hard to think that the description field of the document is not used for the description label in the xml. It’s work fine with the summary field grin
          • 345 Posts
          The release of [-TOP SECRET-] will fix this

I was wondering what that new name would be called. [-TOP SECRET-] huh? I like that a lot better than feeder or data-spitter-outer.

• 3,250 Posts
            Laughs! The new name (not "TOP SECRET") really fits well. I can’t wait to release it! Just gotta finish up some things to ensure that all legacy code is removed.
              • 6 Posts
              I’m getting a corrupted zip file when I try to download it. huh
                • 14 Posts
                Curious about templates. I’ve tried using this string:
                [[NewsListing? &startID=92 & tpl=WebDirectory]]

With no luck!

I have a chunk named WebDirectory:
                <div>
                <h3>[+title+]</h3>
                <p>[+description+]</p>
                <p><a href="[+link+]" target="_blank">[+link+]</a></p>
                </div>

I *always* get the default template. Cleared the cache of the site and my browser and still no changes.

I’m running the latest stable release 6.4.2 and the latest version of MODx - 0.9.2.

Any suggestions?
                  • 786 Posts
                  Try this, the ampersand should not have a space between it and tpl and the snippet parameters need to have `` around them.

[[NewsListing? &startID=`92` &tpl=`WebDirectory`]]

Kyle
                    • 14 Posts
                    Kyle, thanks! That worked. Don’t know how I missed it.

Question, is it possible to use NewsListing to list Weblinks and use the Weblink URL for the link rather than the "document alias"?

I realize this might now belong on this thread but am trying to access the Weblink object using NewsListing.
                      • 14 Posts
                      Found the answer to the Weblink issue after a dozen searches.

[+summary+] is the object to reference to access the direct URL -- for anyone that may search and find this thread.