We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 345 Posts
    When I downloaded the zip and read the install.txt file inside the NewsListing 6.4.1 folder it says to "make sure your language file gets to assets/snippets/newslisting/language.inc.php" but it should be one level deeper:
    assets/snippets/newslisting/lang/language.inc.php
      • 345 Posts
      Question:

On my newlist it shows 6 recent items like I want and then an area called "Older Items". Is there a way to disable that?

Example as of 04/12/2006
      http://modx.acgi.org
        • 3,250 Posts
        MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #13, 18 years ago
        Yes, either set showarch=0 or set total to equal the amount you have set as summarize
          • 3,250 Posts
          MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #14, 18 years ago
          Quote from: jbjones at Apr 12, 2006, 07:12 PM

When I downloaded the zip and read the install.txt file inside the NewsListing 6.4.1 folder it says to "make sure your language file gets to assets/snippets/newslisting/language.inc.php" but it should be one level deeper:
          assets/snippets/newslisting/lang/language.inc.php

Ooops, sorry about that. Could you log that in the NewsListing bugtracker so that gets changed in the next release?
            • 345 Posts
            Yep. That worked. I had previously inserted showarch=’false’ because the documentation listed the default as [true]. Might want to clarify that somehow in the documentation.

• 345 Posts
              Another question. Now that I removed the "Older Items" list. Is there an automatic way to put a "more..." link to the main news page of choice? Or do you just have to hard code it into chunk template?
                • 3,250 Posts
                MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #17, 18 years ago
                Would you log that in the tracker as well with the message "Change all true/false defaults to 1/0 for better reference"

Thanks!
                  • 345 Posts
                  I can log both of those. No problem.
                    • 1,039 Posts
                    Thx Mark for this improvement!

See file attached for german language.

Hint: Line 53 - Small typo in english lang file: "...alows..."

Regards,
                    Marc
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      MARKSVIRTUALDESK Reply #20, 18 years ago
                      Thanks! Can you log that in the bugtracker please?