We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Quote from: MediaGuy at Aug 14, 2009, 12:04 PM

If I use the "mm_widget_tags" widget it doesn’t show the tags, but it does show the pages from the cms instead. Does somebody know why that happens?

I’m having the same problem too.
      • 591 Posts
      Quote from: /Robin at Aug 17, 2009, 12:05 PM

a pain to have to look up their IDs every time I need to edit the MM rules.

Just add Tv-name to id look-up (resolving) to this code. I think it’s simple. Actually it’s a good idea!
        • 741 Posts
        I think I solved the tags problem! I changed line 40 in tags.php from this:
        $s=substr($s,2,1);

to this:
        $s=substr($s,2);

It looks like it’s working now!
          with regards,

Ronald Lokers
          'Front-end developer' @ h2o Media

• Quote from: /Robin at Aug 17, 2009, 12:05 PM

Quote from: elastic at Aug 15, 2009, 08:12 PM

Quote from: /Robin at Aug 14, 2009, 12:28 PM

Just had a quick play with the latest version of ManagerManager for Evo on Evo 1.0 Final and have had some trouble with mm_requireFields.
          Try this smiley

Thanks a lot, that works nicely. It’s a shame TVs have to be defined by ID rather than by name, as the site I’m working on has a huge number of TVs and it is somewhat of a pain to have to look up their IDs every time I need to edit the MM rules.

Indeed. And any updates will require us to revise the rules we’ve written to change all tvs involved. I’m going to wait for the official 0.4 version which will support using names.
            • 271 Posts
            Quote from: MediaGuy at Aug 17, 2009, 01:30 PM

I think I solved the tags problem! I changed line 40 in tags.php from this:
            $s=substr($s,2,1);

to this:
            $s=substr($s,2);

It looks like it’s working now!
            Thanks!

Quote from: /Robin at Aug 17, 2009, 12:05 PM

It’s a shame TVs have to be defined by ID rather than by name, as the site I’m working on has a huge number of TVs and it is somewhat of a pain to have to look up their IDs every time I need to edit the MM rules.
            "Roles & templates" tab from the edit plugin pane moved to chunk with MM rules.
            Check "OnChunkFormRender" in MM System Events.(and uncheck "OnPluginFormRender")

Quote from: rthrash at Aug 16, 2009, 09:37 PM

2) When turning on the display count option:
            mm_widget_tags('tv3',' ','tv3',true);

It inserts the count as part of the tag, e.g., if clicking on mytag (1) it includes the tag usage count as part of the text field tag.

tag1 tag2 tag3 mytag (1)
            It’s fixed.

Fixed version in first post.

• Just do a quick print of the page listing your TVs and you’ll have a handy-reference for your development needs.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 10 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Aug 17, 2009, 03:23 PM

Just do a quick print of the page listing your TVs and you’ll have a handy-reference for your development needs.

Sure, that would work -- but it’s still not exactly an intuitive way of working. It doesn’t feel very ’MODx’ to have to resort to that! Still, anything that helps me get MM working with Evo 1.0 is good, as that’s the only blocker preventing me from moving from 0.9.6.3.
                • MgrMgr is pretty much a one-time setup function, a set-it-and-forget-it kind of thing. Printing a list of TVs and their IDs isn’t too terribly egregious in that light.

Now what would be cool however, is a dedicated chunk (or file) editor Module that listed the TVs and Templates with IDs next to an editing textarea.
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 10 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Aug 18, 2009, 01:21 PM

Now what would be cool however, is a dedicated chunk (or file) editor Module that listed the TVs and Templates with IDs next to an editing textarea.

That would be brilliant -- ManagerManager-like functionality built into MODx would be a killer feature, IMO. It has certainly become indispensible to my company when building custom sites based around MODx.
                      • 429 Posts
                      having MM as part of the core install makes a lot of sense for us.
                        Martin Sanders - Design & Web Development