We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    Great, look forward to using the code.

I would think that an array would be efficient than 30 sql queries, but Mark might know more about that than I.

Phil
      • 3,250 Posts
      I have to agree, a single array would be alot better than 30 sql queries.
        • 30 Posts
        I just did some research to see how recuring events would work and I think you may need at least 2 tables. One table for events by date (e.g. january, 5, 2005) and another for events by day (e.g. the first sunday of each month).
          • 258 Posts
          Wendy,

I think I am going to need a calendar application for a project I have coming up. Let me know if I can help out with this in the meantime.
            • 1,495 Posts
            Sure thing guys, give me one more day to wrap this up. I just need to put this in a module, so that manager able to do the administration part inside the manager, instead of having to go outside of it, and browse the page.

I’ll post the first beta release tomorow or tonight.

vbrilion, of course I need your help too, I need to make the recuring events work. Phil, your suggestion might be works just fine, but I try to keep it under the same table. Hemm.... I might need to apply it to one table though. Do you have any reference to the website that you read from?

Thanks

Regards,
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
              • 7,075 Posts
              Quote from: wendy at Jan 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
              I’ll post the first beta release tomorow or tonight.

Great news, I’ll help test this smiley !
                .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • 258 Posts
                Maybe I am making things too simple here (never been accused of that before grin), but why are date spans so hard to do? For each event you store a time stamp in the DB as to the start and end date. If start day != end day, then the even spans multiple days, and is rendered such.

Or am I missing some larger picture here?
                  • 1,495 Posts
                  Quote from: vbrilon at Jan 11, 2006, 10:37 PM

Maybe I am making things too simple here (never been accused of that before grin), but why are date spans so hard to do? For each event you store a time stamp in the DB as to the start and end date. If start day != end day, then the even spans multiple days, and is rendered such.

Or am I missing some larger picture here?

Ehmm.. I mean recuring events, not span. The span function is done, but the recuring thing, such as in outlook, where you can set whetehr it will recuring every sunday or monday or etc. We’ll work on that later. (Note: I said "we", so all of you will need to help me solve this problem, lol)

Btw, I’m working on the popup admin now, before I use inline admin, but I think it’s a lot better to have the admin popup just like quickeditor. After I tackle this down, I still need to make this admin interface available inside the manager, by simply running a module.

Hope I can get this done by tonight or tomorow, as I promised smiley
                    Wendy Novianto
                    • 30 Posts
                    I might need to apply it to one table though. Do you have any reference to the website that you read from?

Wendy:-

I installed & looked under the hood of an open-source calendar. I don’t have the link here at work, so I’ll post it when I get home.

Phil
                      • 1,495 Posts
                      What calendar program that you use?

I’ll work on that maybe for the next release, when we have enough people willing to contribute, and after I have the basic ground of the script to work. Ehmmm... Mann.... I need to clean up some of my code then. That’s a lot of patching and hacking inside the code tongue

I’m still stuck with this btw,
                      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2303.msg15445.html#msg15445

If somebody can help me, I can release this by tomorow. laugh
                        Wendy Novianto