We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 31457280) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/wynen/public_html/symphonicheaven/manager/includes/extenders/dbapi.mysql.class.inc.php on line 278

I assume that’s not a good sign?
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
    • I suspect you have a boatload of manager actions. Might want to pop into phpMyAdmin and trunc some then try again.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 925 Posts
        Holy crap, it was 80000+ entries.

Maybe MODx should have some sort of flag that warns the user when it’s getting close to the fatal limit?
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • That’s entirely environment dependent, that said, you’ve been busy!
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • This actually would be a good warning for the Manager Home page/Dashboard IMO, but the record limit should be configurable somehow with a reasonable default. It would also be nice to have an easy way to truncate the table from the manager, maybe with a link directly in the warning notice. Adding an optional feature to dump the existing records to an archive format before truncating would also be a nice touch.
            • Quote from: OpenGeek at Jan 18, 2009, 10:32 PM

It would also be nice to have an easy way to truncate the table from the manager, maybe with a link directly in the warning notice. Adding an optional feature to dump the existing records to an archive format before truncating would also be a nice touch.

Please log this as a feature request in JIRA. tongue
              • Quote from: rthrash at Jan 18, 2009, 10:34 PM

Please log this as a feature request in JIRA. tongue
                shocked I’ll show you how to log something as a feature request. Damn you, getting all sassy with me. tongue
                • LOL laugh

(Great feature request in all seriousness ... I propose anything over 3-5,000 is too many. Same goes for System Events, though I’d say anything over 500 is a bad warning sign.)
                    • 79 Posts
                    I’ve just started getting what I guess must be a similar error when I try to access Reports -> Manager Actions on my site:

[Wed Jul 08 15:02:16 2009] [error] [client my.ip.ad.dr] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /data/html/www/manager/actions/logging.static.php on line 10, referer: https://my.web.site/manager/index.php?a=1&f=menu

Upthread somebody mentioned needing to clear out data from the manager logs in the database: whereabouts in my database should I be looking?

Thanks,

David.
                      Please don't PM me unless it's absolutely essential: if a technical question is worth asking, it's worth asking in public, so that others can share their experience, and so that all can learn from the answers.
                    • FYI, I just filed this in JIRA: http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-889