We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I am currently weening myself off of Joomla CMS. For years, I have picked up and learned how to use Joomla to the point where I was creating my own custom templates for it. My custom template was great for SEO and the amount of extensions (plugins,widgets,or whatever your CMS likes to call it) made it difficult to want to leave. There was and still is a lot to like about it...

However, with multiple code from multiple developers, mixing MooTools and JQuery seemed to bloat my sites with up to or over 78 lines of junk before getting to the content of the website.

Enter MODX - it's loaded with multiple ways of doing things and it doesn't get bloated with excessive code/javascript unless I want it to be that way. I feel like I'm in more control, even though I'm still a novice right now.

My only way of describing Joomla Vs. MODX:

Designer/Developer says, "I want to create art"

Joomla Reponds with: "Here is a coloring book. You put your artwork where we tell you to put it."

MODX Responds with: "Here is a blank canvas. Create whatever you want with it!"

I can't think of a better analogy (although I know some of you will if not already have).
      Woodlands Ad Agency
      Our blog should NOT be read by anyone....EVER http://woodlandsadagency.com/blog/
      ...Don't say we didn't warn you.
      • 33 Posts
      before this i was working on wordpress and drupal.
        • 11 Posts

before modex i was using,Perch,Wordpress,Silverstripe many CMS
          • 194 Posts
          Before using MODX I was writing CMS myself for each customer. What about the wheel inventing over and over? smiley
          Glad I did see the light and introduced MODX every day ... yay!!!
            Codeplaza Webdesign: for professional websites at low cost
            • 6 Posts
            Before Modx I am using Word Press and also working on Asp.net
              • 18 Posts
              I used etomite ->Evolution -> REVOLUTION
                • 436 Posts
                I took a rest from web development for a number of years but I cut my teeth in the days of hand coded shtml and Perl websites, so when I needed to get back deeper into it than chucking together Wordpress sites together, MODX with it's chunks and snippets made total sense to me from flexible site development stance. Before I found MODX I tried Joomla and Drupal (because you know, masses of people go on about them) but they constantly had me cursing and frustrated with their seemingly convoluted structures. MODX has never been like that for me.
                  • 50 Posts
                  I am currently using Yola.com and am considering switching to Modx.
                    • 167 Posts
                    Wordpress, TexPattern, Drupal, GetSimple, Joomla, Seditio...
                      MODX lover
                      -
                      Développeur MODX / Webdesign / Solutions web
                      • 2 Posts
                      My choices were Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal.