We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 680 Posts
    Wow, great input. You obviously havne’t taken the choice to go with MODx lightly. I hope we get a lot of other experienced CMS users like you to join the community.

This post really has a lot of amazing content and I’d hate to see it get lost in this thread. You might want to consider posting it on opensourcecms.com somewhere. I think that your experiences could be very valuable to someone looking for a CMS.

MODx on opensourcecms.com
      • 7,075 Posts
      Thanks a lot Adam, I will post something on opensourcecms smiley DONE It seems they did not accept my submission... strange, first time it happens.. Too bad I didn’t save it somewhere sad I’ll re-do this... UPDATE : I am still rejected, I don’t understand what’s going on there !

Not meaning to brag or be the pretentious guy here, but I have become somewhat of a voice in the french cms world, and I have posted a message about MODx on the biggest french webmaster’s community.

No I didn’t take it lightly, and as you might have noticed I have started contributing quite a bit in a few days. The last time I have been as enthousiastic about a CMS was with textpattern grin
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 1,193 Posts
        Before MODx, I used etomite. before eto, I did static webpages and decided to search for a better way. I tried PHPwebsite, PHP nuke, PostNuke, and Mambo.... Yuck!!! I almost gave up and went back to static HTML. We have come a long way. Thank you MODx-ers
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
          • 634 Posts
          Before MODx I used Etomite. Still have couple sites up and running with it. I’m too lazy to change them to MODx because they work just fine with Eto 0.6. Before Etomite rocked my world I tried PHP-nuke, Mambo and Exponent. Exponent was/is very intuitive but Etomite had so much better community and that is why I picked Eto.
            Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
            • 361 Posts
            My standard has been Mambo for the past two dozen or so sites. I’ve tried everything and Mambo generally had some plugin that I needed, so it forced the choice. I found Etomite a while back and was thrilled, but it was right around the time that things started to get all weird, development was stopped, etc. I didn’t want to get too invested when its future was so uncertain.

I decided to come back to Etomite because a current project was just going to be too much a pain for Joomla, and the CMS that’s supposed to be the most powerful/flexible (TYPO3) just seems to be such a beast. I remembered Etomite being so fast to develop in (as well as having blazingly fast page loads), but MODx just seems to be moving forward so much faster, and the forum has some of the nicest (and fastest) people ever.

So MODx it is and I’m absolutely loving it! I have a Joomla site that’s almost 90% done and I’m seriously considering remaking the whole thing in MODx. Probably take me 1/10th the time!
              Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
              • 1,193 Posts
              Quote from: The at Nov 09, 2005, 10:05 AM

So MODx it is and I’m absolutely loving it! I have a Joomla site that’s almost 90% done and I’m seriously considering remaking the whole thing in MODx. Probably take me 1/10th the time!

That is SO awesome to hear. I feel the same way about MODx. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

-sD-
                Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                • 835 Posts
                Hi,

Before modx, I made fire with two pieces of flint.

I used mambo and I created with 4 friends the website www.mambofacile.com and now joomlafacile.com. But; if mambo is friendly, it has several gaps : the lack of users magament, The management of the template is too heavy ...

I hope to be able to create a dynamic French-speaking community around Modx
                We have forum, wiki, somes translators ... we need now a template and more members (only 9 actually).

Aour
                • Quote from: aour at Nov 10, 2005, 01:01 PM

Before modx, I made fire with two pieces of flint.

I literally laughed out loud! laugh
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • Well, I used stone knives and bearskins. (extra credit for anybody who knows where that comes from!)
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 680 Posts
                      I guess Google get’s the extra credit then smiley

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=vss&q=%22stone+knives+and+bearskins%22&btnG=Search