We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 100 Posts
    I’m so happy to see there is a new release smiley

Congratulations MODx team... keep up the good work.

now i’ll go testing and playing with the new version.
      • 285 Posts
      Awesome work. Will begin to upgrade sites next week. (Followed by rewriting all the user documentation... laugh )
      • Quote from: PatrickSamphire at Jul 31, 2009, 01:41 PM

(Followed by rewriting all the user documentation... laugh )

Would REALLY love to talk to you about this Patrick ... please shoot me a PM with the best way to reach you. Thanks!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,624 Posts
          If you plan to use the jquery file found in assets/js you need to create your script in no-conflict mode.
          I personally prefer to create my on "scripts" folder for all the javascripts on the front end.

• 7 Posts
            Thanks team, Evo is gold!

Quick Question: Is there any difference between 1.0.0-RC3 and the final release? Should I bother upgrading?

One more: What is the best place to raise suggestions for improving manager usability?
              • 616 Posts
              I like the new layout - thanks folks for all the work you’ve done - what I don’t understand however is why the tinyMCE section in the settings screen is still very much not aligned - this has been the case for months.

If somebody could please tell me what file I would have to edit in order to get this section look nice as well.

Thanks
              • Quote from: bthuddo at Jul 31, 2009, 10:51 PM

Thanks team, Evo is gold!

Quick Question: Is there any difference between 1.0.0-RC3 and the final release? Should I bother upgrading?

One more: What is the best place to raise suggestions for improving manager usability?
                Definitely differences between RC3 and release. Also, start any Manager usability discussion here, then file Feature requests in JIRA when consensus is reached.
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • Quote from: mmjaeger at Jul 31, 2009, 11:30 PM

I like the new layout - thanks folks for all the work you’ve done - what I don’t understand however is why the tinyMCE section in the settings screen is still very much not aligned - this has been the case for months.

If somebody could please tell me what file I would have to edit in order to get this section look nice as well.

/manager/actions/mutate_settings_dynamic.php and the tiny MCE plugin. These areas are definitely going to be addressed for 1.1 or earlier; we did not touch anything but the wrapping elements and general skin/markup. There’s boatloads of horribly nasty table tag soup left to purge, particularly in the Manager settings pages.
                    • 44 Posts
                    It`s so wonderfull for me and other MODx users! Thank you very much! )))
                      • 616 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at Aug 01, 2009, 03:21 AM

Quote from: mmjaeger at Jul 31, 2009, 11:30 PM

/manager/actions/mutate_settings_dynamic.php and the tiny MCE plugin. These areas are definitely going to be addressed for 1.1 or earlier; we did not touch anything but the wrapping elements and general skin/markup. There’s boatloads of horribly nasty table tag soup left to purge, particularly in the Manager settings pages.

Hello Ryan

Please find attached the tinyMCE file that does correct the layout issues in the settings screen.

Thanks for your prompt response