We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Finally, good job grin
    • Now i gotta upgrade my sites! I just installed a site with 0.9.6.3 this morning and then boom I see this! laugh

Great job Modx! Wooohoooo!!!
        Billy Koch
        Follow me on Twitter: @DefKoch
        • 152 Posts
        Yeeees. Cool!!! smiley
          Multylingo 1.0 alpha (snippet + plugin) - For creation a full-featured multilingual site with MODx Evo
          My sites:
          Мисли, интересни мисли
          • 199 Posts
          Sweet! I just did a fresh install and several upgrades. Very nice work! I really like the new QM. Is there any way to move it around? I have a dropdown menu right there the same height at the QM.
            MySQL: 5.0.45
            PHP: 5.2.6
            Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
            cURL enabled
            PDO enabled
            FFox Apple 3.6.8
            Firebug DIS-abled
          • Quote from: MDi at Jul 31, 2009, 03:40 AM

Sweet! I just did a fresh install and several upgrades. Very nice work! I really like the new QM. Is there any way to move it around? I have a dropdown menu right there the same height at the QM.

That would be a great addition, but is not currently possible. Please file a request in JIRA. Thanks for the feedback!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 64 Posts
              Great job guys!
              I really appreciate the work you (we? wink ) all put in this little thingy called "MODx".
              Just love it!

But, in spite of all... I do really miss those "quickedits", that let me add some nice editing features for my customers.
              Did I miss out something? Did I oversee this feature in the new release (and the beta version that came along)?

Is there still some <quickedit:... /> feature out there?
                $cd /pub
                $more beer
                • 833 Posts
                OMG, this is some ridiculous work you guys did with this thing. Boy I feel like developing a new site.

Did anyone notice the new "edit in place" feature? I’m just lovin it

Kudos to the team.
                  A MODx Fanatic
                • @wallyp, yes it’s all still in the database. That’s the whole point. Presentation is still totally separated from content from function (or whatever the terminology is!) Templates contain the basic HTML structure, and refer to the css as any normal HTML document does. Content is handled in documents, along with chunks and TVs. Snippets handle the functionality.

If you want to use files, just create a basic snippet to include your file and put the snippet call in the otherwise empty template or document content or wherever else you want to include an external file. Personally, I prefer the FF add-on It’s All Text! which lets you edit any textarea field in your editor of choice.
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • 956 Posts
                    Wow, this is awesome! Overall it feels a lot faster (only tested with FF 3.5.1 so far). The new "QuickManager" (QM+) is slick. Kudos.
                      • 1 Posts
                      Congratulations with this milestone and compliments to the MODx team and all who have worked so hard to get this job done!