We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,161 Posts
    I just updated a site running on .9.0.6 Evo site to 1.0.4. All went well.

But the TinyMCE system is missing from the resource content editing window. I checked and the old TinyMCE plugin (3.2.0.1) is disabled and the new version is there under the Manger and Admin list on the the Plugins page.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
      • 2,310 Posts
      Check that your Manager Users have it set to use, in their individual configuration.
      Seems as if an upgrade from a pre 1.0 site can mess up the settings in some way.
        • 1,161 Posts
        I checked that but the plugin is still not showing?
        • Do TMCE settings look right in Configuration > Interface & Features ?
            Mike Schell
            Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
            Email: [email protected]
            GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
            Twitter: @mkschell
            • 1,161 Posts
            Quote from: netProphET at Jan 14, 2011, 07:51 PM

Do TMCE settings look right in Configuration > Interface & Features ?

As far as I can tell all looks good. I compared everything with another active Evo 1.0.4 site and all looks identical. I am not getting any error warnings. But nothing TinyMCE related shows up when I edit documents?

The TinyMCE version that shows up in the Manager Plugins section is 3.3.5.1

I tried copying the new TinyMCE folder back in to the assets>plugins folder and still no worky...
              • 1,161 Posts
              Would it be worth substituting an older version of TinyMCE into the plugins folder?

Edit: I tried putting the old TinyMCE plugin but I got a ton of errors...
                • 1,161 Posts
                Seems like this user is having the same problem:
                http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,59528.0.html
                  • 1,161 Posts
                  Simply going around with bend with this!

In the meantime I downloaded and installed ckeditor331-alpha with zero problems. It will have to do until I figure out why TineyMCE does not show up when editing documents.

CKEditor has a nice simple interface, but adding custom CSS is not an option. I also hate the ugly spacing breaks it creates in the markup...
                  • Photowebmax, I’ll be interested to know whether upgrading to 1.0.5 (now that it’s out) solves this problem for you.
                      Mike Schell
                      Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                      Email: [email protected]
                      GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                      Twitter: @mkschell
                      • 1,161 Posts
                      That is my main hope at this point as well. I am busy with another pressing project, but will update the site with the TintMCE issue in the next couple of days. Hopefully this will "magically" solve the issue.

Either way I will report back my findings...