We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    snippet kind of works - it creates a newly subscribed member but I’m missing the first and lastname although I’ve entered them in the entry form - am I missing anything?
      • 607 Posts
      Quote from: mmjaeger at Feb 16, 2010, 11:32 PM

snippet kind of works - it creates a newly subscribed member but I’m missing the first and lastname although I’ve entered them in the entry form - am I missing anything?

Make sure that the names of the first name field and the last name field in the chunk match the ones on your setup in MailChimp. I think the chunk uses FIRST and LAST, but you may find in MailChimp that it’s FNAME and LNAME
        • 2 Posts
        First.... thanks to the author of this tool!!

well, I did exactly all the tutorial says..
        im getting this error

"There was a problem subscribing you"

:(
          • 2 Posts
          Quote from: cubemedia at May 02, 2010, 05:44 PM

First.... thanks to the author of this tool!!

well, I did exactly all the tutorial says..
          im getting this error

"There was a problem subscribing you"

:(

Solved/.

I made a mistake naming the form tags
            • 345 Posts
            The original post was asking about a way to link the user profiles from MODx to the subscription list in MailChimp. Has anyone worked on this further? I was looking for a way to sync this information so that:

• if a user updated their email address in MODx it would update MailChimp.
            • Or alternativly they could subscribe/unsubscribe with a check box in their profile.
            • or third if they unsubscribed with the link from a MailChimp email, the change would reflect back in the MODx profile.
            • I have a client who wants to have an area on her site specifically for registered users and she allows wants to be able to get them to sign up for a newsletter, is there a way of using the MailChimp snippet in conjunction with WebLoginPE? Or as previous post suggests have a check box that syncs details between webusers and Mailchimp?
                Helen Warner
                Number one pixel!
                Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
                • 21 Posts
                Hi I am stuck. I have setup the Mailchimp newsletter according to Mary’s fantastic tutorial.
                http://codingpad.maryspad.com/2010/03/19/modx-evolution-and-mailchimp/

When I try to test the form I see the message "Login to remote service failed", at the top of the form.
                I can see that this means the form is communicating with the snippet because that where this error message comes from.
                I have checked that the password and username are correct. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can start debugging?

It is very much appreciated.
                  • 607 Posts
                  Quote from: lwilson at May 27, 2010, 05:53 PM

Hi I am stuck. I have setup the Mailchimp newsletter according to Mary’s fantastic tutorial.
                  http://codingpad.maryspad.com/2010/03/19/modx-evolution-and-mailchimp/

When I try to test the form I see the message "Login to remote service failed", at the top of the form.
                  I can see that this means the form is communicating with the snippet because that where this error message comes from.
                  I have checked that the password and username are correct. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can start debugging?

It is very much appreciated.

Have you tried logging into MailChimp manually? Sometimes the service goes down, that happened to me once. Also, just double check everything in your configuration and make sure your settings are correct.
                    • 21 Posts
                    Thanks Mary.
                    Yep. I have been logging onto check, and each time Mailchimp is up and running.

I placed the "subscribe.snippet.php code" in the snippet named mailchimpSubscribe and the "subscribe.form.tpl" code in a chunk named mailchimpForm.

username/password are in config.php in /mailchimp/includes folder and are correct and lower case.

In the resource page:
                    list id is correct call appears to be correct
                    [!mailchimpSubscribe? &form=`mailchimpForm` &listId=`0000007ba42`!]
                    note: The 000’s are just for illustration.

Am I missing something?

I’ve been through the tutorial thrice. (I don’t get to say that very often.) I think I may just delete everything and start over. embarrassed
                      • 607 Posts
                      Not too sure what else could be going on if all your settings are correct. That’s a mystery to me. Starting from scratch might not be a bad idea. One thing, in the config.inc.pho file inside the mailchimp/includes folder, did you remove the < > brackets from around the username and password so it looks something like this?

$username = ’yourusername’;
                      $password = ’yourpassword’;