We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 62 Posts
    So here’s the deal. I have a client http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,30578.0.html that is using MODx and wants to be able to send highly customized email newsletters and be able to track his email campaigns. MODx even has a link here ---> http://www.modxcms.com/things-we-love.html that mentions how great MailChimp is. MailChimp has a very extensive API located here ---> http://www.mailchimp.com/api/, however to my knowledge no one has written anything to interface it with MODx as of yet.

Here is what my client needs to be able to do: He needs his MailChimp account to automatically synchronize with his MODx installation and grab all of the email addresses and names contained within his MODx web-users. I know that this is definitely possible, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or insight into how I would go about getting this working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, and I would love to see a plugin for MODx that works for MailChimp. If one was created, it could be posted both in the repository and on MailChimp’s plugin page which would make MODx even more attractive for certain prospective users.
      • 62 Posts
      Hmm. I will email them and ask if they have a public API key or a sandbox that we can play around with. I’ll let you know what kind of response I get back.
        • 62 Posts
        @ganeshXL - Does this link help out at all? It looks like the actual API is available free of charge in 3 different forms... ---> http://www.mailchimp.com/api/rtfm/
          • 62 Posts
          Agreed. I’ve gone ahead and emailed them. Now I just have to wait for a response. I think it would be way cool to have an awesome tool like MailChimp in MODx’s plugin arsenal.
          • Hi all, this is a simple snippet that I’ve created that uses the Mailchimp API to subscribe people who fill out a webform onto a desired mailing list.

It’s not exactly what you’re after but may help you get started with the Mailchimp API - there’s a README.TXT file in the zip file that should help you get going with it.

Cheers,
            Garry

EDIT: 11th Feb 2009 - Fixed parse error problems due to placeholder array not being initialized.
              Garry Nutting
              Senior Developer
              MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
              Twitter: @garryn
              Web: modx.com
              • 46 Posts
              Came across this post from Garry Nutting - just what I need, thanks. Trouble is that I’m getting an error as follows:

[tt]PHP error debug
              Error: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array
              Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
              File: /var/www/vhosts/brandspoke.com/httpdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(770) : eval()’d code
              Line: 61[/tt]

Is this because the snippet needs to me updated for MODx 1.0? Forgive me, I’m not a PHP programmer...

Sorry in advance for digging up an old thread. Appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Andrew
                Learning a little more each day.
              • Hi Andrew, that’s a strange issue indeed - looks like somehow the $modx->placeholders array is not actually an array for some reason. I’m not really sure why that would be :/

I haven’t checked the code at all in Evo 1.0 but there is no reason why it shouldn’t work, there’s nothing that stands out to me that would need attention for newer versions of MODx.

I’m pretty stacked out at the moment but if I can find a few minutes somewhere, I’ll try and test this out in Evo 1.0 and see if I can replicate the issue.
                  Garry Nutting
                  Senior Developer
                  MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                  Twitter: @garryn
                  Web: modx.com
                  • 46 Posts
                  Thanks Garry, I really appreciate that and I look forward to hearing from you...

Andrew
                    Learning a little more each day.
                    • 10 Posts
                    I am also looking at integrating MailChimp into my clients MODx install. They would like to automatically send out an email on a set schedule after a user registers on the site (30 days, 60 days, 90 days).

Later
                      • 299 Posts
                      Hello All,

Any progress on the integration with MailChimp. I have a need to do exactly what you were talking about, send an email to a registered user at preset intervals. Please do let me know...

Thanks,

JISAAC