We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    I experienced the same issue after upgrading 2.1 PL to 2.1.1 (no multi-context though).
    Just did a downgrade to 2.1 again and the resource browser behaves normal again...
      • 44 Posts
      Quote from: oOpzy at Jun 03, 2011, 08:58 AM

I experienced the same issue after upgrading 2.1 PL to 2.1.1 (no multi-context though).
      Just did a downgrade to 2.1 again and the resource browser behaves normal again...

Yes, I can confirm this. When a new picture should be inserted with TinyMCE in 2.1.1, the filemanager doesn’t show any pictures. In 2.1.0, this works. Pressing the "cancel" button in the lower right corner doesn’t work in both versions. The filemanager windows stays open, just a grey box with no content. The box can be closed with the [x]-button in the upper right corner.
        • 152 Posts
        Same problem here with no images/files in the filebrowser.

Just tried too compare a multi context installation in 2.10-RC4 Traditional and after the upgrade to 2.11-PL Traditional:
        I noticed that when using the filebrowser and with Firebug activated in 2.11-PL Trad, there is a Json tab with a message with "Access denied" when standing on the same folder. (I have’t a Json tab in the 2.10-RC4)
        I have checked the permissions on the folders and content - but there should not be a problem there. The comparison is made ​​on the same server.
          - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
          • 4,149 Posts
          Try these steps:

- Logout and log back in
          - Clear your browser cookies and cache
          - Clear your core/cache/ directory entirely
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 152 Posts
            Thanks Shaun - and thats was quick!

Just tried your solution on two pc’s but without any luck.

The filemanager_path and filemanager_url are set in the context settings.

Is there any more specific information I can provide?

PHP: 5.2.9
            MySql server: 5.1.56
            MySql client: 4.1.22
            pdo_mysql: 5.1.56
            JSon: 1.2.1
            Apache version: 2.2.17

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
              • 44 Posts
              Quote from: Henrik at Jun 03, 2011, 09:29 PM
              I noticed that when using the filebrowser and with Firebug activated in 2.11-PL Trad, there is a Json tab with a message with "Access denied" when standing on the same folder. (I have’t a Json tab in the 2.10-RC4)
              I have checked the permissions on the folders and content - but there should not be a problem there. The comparison is made ​​on the same server.

Yes, confirmed. I tried to:

- delete all caches & sessions
              - clean install
              - clear all caches again
              - restart browser (Firefox 4 on Mac OS 10.6.8)

...but without luck. I see this message in Firebug, too: {"success":false,"message":"Access denied.","total":0,"data":[],"object":[]}
                • 152 Posts
                And what’s more strange: When I upload a file to one of the folders, I can se the other file content. When I close the filebrowser, and reopen it again it just shows the folders...

Update: It’s shows the files even when I click on a other folder. When using the Files tab it acts correctly.

• 66 Posts
                  Quote from: 501Creative at Apr 23, 2011, 06:05 AM

All the permissions in the user roles look good, and the folders themselves are all 755. The filemanager_path is setting a full path, it shows all the top level folders, but then the contents don’t show.

When you click on the subfolders, it’s not even like the resource browser refreshes. It just shows the files from the top level, like in the photo below.

One of my clients is now reporting this exact same issue after an upgrade to 2.1.1 - any word on a fix yet? Anything I can do to help troubleshoot the issue?
                    • 152 Posts
                    I haven’t find a solution yet. I can see that there are some related bug reports on TinyMCE at Github - but I don’t know if it is the filebrowser or TinyMCE that have the problem.

• 87 Posts
                      I’m experiencing this as well - followed the steps to clear cache, etc - but not resolved. The current site was a fresh install of 2.1.1-pl (apache, php 5.2.17) with tinyMCE 4.3-rc1).

Any leads on this yet?

*update* I CAN see the files from the files panel inside the regular manager interface, complete with thumbnails. However, the popup file browser launched from within TinyMCE does does allow me to view folder contents. I see the same message as above in Firebug; "Access Denied"
                        Des
                        webandflowdesign.com