We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,213 Posts
    Quote from: eagleshout at Oct 07, 2006, 10:25 PM

Maybe it’s a moot point by now based on the @zi comment below. Could someone please tell the community whether we should be offering suggestions for an interim solution to the "documentation conundrum"? I for one am getting mixed signals and have no interest in researching potential wiki solutions if "something" is in the works.
    I would suggest to wait for a while, there is work being done as we speak for the wiki to become reality. I’m pretty sure it’s going to be MediaWiki what will be setuped for now.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
    • I’ve been using Modx now for a week and it I see the incredible potential compared to the typcial bloated tag soup platforms but a wiki sooner than later is a biggie. The documentation seems to have frozen (I said seems) and I would love to contribute to the project.

All the best,
      Jay
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 3,975 Posts
        smashingred smiley ... please have a look at: http://wiki.modxcms.com .. oh cool nick name by the way smiley.

Looking forward to your contributions.

best regards.

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • The wiki looks great. Was there an announce on this going live yet? Ididn’t see it anywhere.

OT: My nick comes from my company name, SmashingRed Web and Marketing.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
            • 4,213 Posts
            There haven’t been an official announcement about the wiki yet, Team is focusing to get 0.9.5 final beta out asap. Should have been out last friday, but server problems etc. came up.. There will be an official announcement soon, but feel free to use it already though.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • I have already created a user and have contributed some minor grammatical and spelling edits. smiley

I hope to be of more help in the future as I see this as one of the best open source projects I have ever used. For now I will keep watch over spelling, typos and grammar.

All the best,

Jay
                • 3,975 Posts
                Hi Jay,

Thanks for your help in this regards, its much appreciated! smiley

Happy MODx’ing... laugh

best regards.

zi
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • 54 Posts
                  Please could you link to the wiki from the documentation page, as otherwise you only know of it’s existence from reading the forums.

A kind of "secret wiki" smiley

Cheers!!
                    • 54 Posts
                    damn that was fast..... grin
                    • What’s silly was that it had not been done before! Thanks for the gentle prodding/reminder. smiley
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me