We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Please keep track of any oddities that you see in the forum and report them here. For instance, replying to a topic results in a broken template... wink
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 577 Posts
      regular reply link is in a very unhandy location.

I don’t want to "reply with a quote" all the time, nor do I like to scrool to find "reply" link wink

beyond that still need to get used to the board huh
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
      • Please keep feedback coming in. Until we can get the theme completely sorted out, or if you just like working under a "traditional" forum layout, feel free to change the forum skin using the profile link in the UserTools section.
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 2,204 Posts
          Try this:
          http://www.vertexworks.com/forums

and before I was logged in I could go to the "« MODx Community Forums • Announcements • Important News »" section and read after I was logged in I was not alouwd in that section anymore
            follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • I see what you’re saying... I’ll see if there’s a way around that via .htaccess... should be, I hope. wink

You for now will have to put a trailing slash at the end. Sorry!
            • That or just use the new direct forums link: http://modxcms.com/forums/
                • 3,250 Posts
                The new theme ROCKS!

1 bug I did find though. In 1280 X 1024 in FF the left column seems a bit too wide (about 2x as big as it needs to be). Anyone else noticed this?
                • Hi Mark and thanks. It’s because it’s set at around 20% width. I’ll try to change it to px... Thanks!
                    • 3,250 Posts
                    Your welcome.

Also, when replying I noticed that the post box highlights green only when moused over and it does not when text is being entered (unless the mouse is still hovering over the text field [users who use the tab button might have problems with the highlighting])
                    • Lots more usability tweaks to go Mark... thanks.

Dimmy, solved it with the following .htaccess rules:
                      RewriteEngine ON
                      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(vertexworks.com/forum|vertexworks.com/forums/)$ [NC]
                      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.modxcms.com/forums/$1 [R=301,L]