We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 283 Posts
    thnx!
      Everytime you use Flash ... a puppy dies .....
      R.G Taylor
      • 1 Posts
      I tried subsites-for-modx-0.9.5.ZIP.
      worked nicely(excluding friendly URL)

Question
      I want to change sub2.sample.com pages to disabled, when visitor accesses sub1.sample.com.

How should I do?
        • 198 Posts
        Hey guys, I am having problems with this thingie... I’ve got a russian site and an english site. If I for example create a subdomain - ru.domain.com
        a "ru" folder is created in the publich_html folder that contains all the modx stuff. I have tried visiting ru.domain.com and I get a 401 error (no files in the "ru" folder). Now I tried renaming the folder ru.domain.com and it doesnt work (no wonder, the subdomain is associated to look for "ru" folder), then i dumped that Idea and just tried created ru.domain.com folder and tried visiting domain.com/ru.domain.com and I get a 404 page set for the "domain.com" and not the 1 set for "ru.domain.com". Is there anyway to change the associations in the php.ini file? I’ve got access to it. Also, will it work if I do manage to get the subdomain to generate a folder "ru.domain.com"? Also this means that if i decide to register a domain.ru I have to place it in the domain.com directory, without the public_html folder, correct?:)
          Pure MODx sites
          Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
        • Vait:

Your issues sound like server configuration problems with virtual hosting directories. I’m not sure what to tell you...MODx has nothing to do with how Apache (or any other web server) is configured.

Cheers
            • 194 Posts
            you’ve got to just make a new document in your modx tree for the new subdomain, and then create your subdomain through your isp control panel. make sure that it points to the directory of your modx root - you don’t need to create a new directory in your filesystem to use this. all subdomains should point to the modx root directory, and then within that create documents for each one. use this hack to associate a modx document id with a subdomain name. you don’t need to edit php.ini
              • 198 Posts
              anyway t do this thru php.ini?
              thanks redman, now I got a tiny bit more details of what to do:)
                Pure MODx sites
                • 198 Posts
                I love my webmistress:) problem solved, subsites works superbly!
                  Pure MODx sites
                  • 18 Posts
                  Thanks for this great hack. Does anyone know if anything similar is slated for inclusion in an actual MODx release?
                  • Quote from: loneboat at Feb 27, 2007, 03:51 PM

Thanks for this great hack. Does anyone know if anything similar is slated for inclusion in an actual MODx release?
                    Yes, see more information in my discussion of "contexts" and the other upcoming changes to MODx, at http://modxcms.com/transforming-modx-oo-mvc-orm.html, or do a search across the site for the concept of "contexts". Here’s one result I found with that search, and there are many other, especially involving discussion of how these contexts can isolate localized content, but they can be used to isolate and override configuration settings for just about any purpose, including sub-sites and multi-sites.
                      • 68 Posts
                      When using this hack (the latest version -2007- that Wendy provided us with) with Modx 0.9.5 and friendly urls on , when I am on subdomain.domain.com , I see the links generated by wayfinder like this: domain.com/subdomain , domain.com/subdomain-article1 etc. It doesn’t append the "subdomain" to "domain.com". Anyone using this and has nice menus generated ?
                      (Oh,and ditto and wayfinder generate 2 different links for the same item ... )