We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 90 Posts
    the textarea is too short in the config area

• 198 Posts
      i had it installed with 0.9.5. but then upgraded to 0.9.6 and it stopped working, anyone got subsites working with 096? Thanks!
        Pure MODx sites
        Viriko.ru & Viriko.com - Multilingual and running on 1 MODx
        • 2 Posts
        Hi all,

I too needed multi-site/subsite support, so I’ve updated and cleaned up the hack to work with the latest SVN/development version (0.9.6.1) of MODx. The attached GNU patch file should be all you need (Under *nix: cd your-modx-directory && patch -p1 < modx-subsite-0.9.6.patch.txt). Still working on it, so I might update this patch later on.

I have made a few minor adjustments to the hack itself in order to get friendly-URLs working again, and I haven’t tried it out with 0.9.6 yet, so YMMV (but it works fine for me wink )

• Thanks for the contribution hironaka.
            • 2,204 Posts
            is this only working for subdomains or also for totally separated domains?
            we have 4 domain names like this:

name.nl
            name.de
            name.com
            name.fr

I like to use one instalation for 4 domains.

do i need to forward de domains to the main site? or how do i do this? do i need to change dns? so that all point to one site? I have no idea

but it would be great if i type in name.de/page.html that i keep that adres in the urlbar and that the menu is also pointing to .de even tho the site runs on .com.

maybe somone could help me to understand how i would do this.

thank you (I installed the files on a 0.9.6 but i do not see any change in the settings.)

Dimmy
              follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
              • 118 Posts
              I’m interested in trialling this hack from scratch but can’t get it working. Using the patch from hironaka, this is what I done (I’m on OS X).

1. Downloaded and unarchived modx-0.9.6.1.tar.gz
              2. Placed modx-subsite-0.9.6.patch.txt in the resulting directory, (full path being "/Library/WebServer/Documents/modx-0.9.6.1/modx-subsite-0.9.6.patch.txt")
              3. Opened up Terminal, cd to the right directory and tried "patch -p1 < modx-subsite-0.9.6.patch.txt" but it just returns "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line, patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input."

Help?

PS: Also tried this after a fresh remote install of 0.9.6.1, ssh’d in and with the patch file in the same directory as "assets" and "manager", I tried "patch -p1 < patch.txt" but "-bash: patch: command not found" was returned which I was semi-expecting.
              • If you SSH in, you’ll need to su to root before you can run patch. Unless your SSH login is as root, which it certainly should not be.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 5 Posts
                  This sound very interesting, could someone upload the modified files for the 0.9.6 release, I can’t get the patch to work.
                  thx
                    • 118 Posts
                    I just manually applied the changes myself to the few files that are involved in this hack and it looks to work with a quick 5 min check from me. Here’s the relevant files that should get it going for a 0.9.6 install (I use 0.9.6.1 and its fine also). Just upload using the directory structure in the ZIP to your MODx base (it’s all directed at the "manager" directory) and it should be good to go.

All this at your own risk of course, but it looks fine to me.
                      • 5 Posts
                      Thx you sal, i’ll try it and if needed ill upgrade to 0.9.6.1 version
                      Ok, done.
                      I’m a little confuse.I don’t have acces to .htaccess/dns so I have to ask my provider to do the changes.
                      I got 3 domain name:
                      mydomain.com
                      mydomain.net
                      myOtherdomain.com
                      When I log to my main domain ftp there is 3 folders(mydomain.com,mydomain.net,myOtherdomain.com) with the content of the actual websites . So I guess there is some kind of redirection behind.
                      I would like that 1 modx manage all thoses websites.
                      My opinion is that I should ask the provider to redirect all the domain to the same folder (where modx is installed) and use modx-subsite to redirect the user to the right document(id) according to his request.
                      Is that right ?
                      Will the user see in his navigation bar the domain name he requested ?
                      Thx for help