We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 36 Posts
    You were right Perrine, I added Firebug and it comes up with an error.

In slimbox.js on line 244:

fileLoadingImage is not defined

I don’t know if you know what that means or what can be done to fix it.

I tried it online and the same thing happens, you can see it here: http://shop.server-019.com/~drvolik/
      • 1,842 Posts
      I don’t konw where this error comes from. Are you sur you downloaded the good version of Mootools ?

I give you here the version of Mootools and Slimbox I use.

Hope this helps !
        • 36 Posts
        Hi Perrine~

Your link for slimbox seems to be wrong, but it does not matter. I went to the slimbox site and downloaded latest slimbox.js and mootools.js and did everything as per the instructions on the page but I still have the same problem.

I don’t know why I cannot get the js to work on my pages which is too bad because I could really use this and it seems to work so well on all the example pages.

Thank you for all your effort!
          • 1,842 Posts
          Oops, sorry, was not a slimbox.js but slimbox.zip ! Try again... we never know ^^ (I’ve changed the link above)

I guess it can be a problem with the newest version of Mootools or Slimbox... or maybe you didn’t get the good mootools package ?

I don’t know what to say if it’s not that :/
            • 6 Posts
            Hi!
            I just installed MODx and i love it.
            Now i tried to install this DirectResize plugin and did everything as install.txt told me to. Still when i insert picture on document and test the page i don’t see any changes. All images i have inserted are in their original sizes. Seems that plugin hasn’t done anything... And when i look folders through my ftpclient there are no thumbnail files sad
            So any idea where would the problem be?

Edit: I feel so dumb now. I had to resize it myself. Dunno why i thought it would resize image automatically laugh
              • 1,842 Posts
              Hi Nitrok,

No, you don’t have to resize images yourself... DirectResize is here for that wink

You only have to call the image in big size, and DirectResize uses width or height or both in img tag to resize your image.

Did you add a width or height in img tag ?

Did you check OnWebPagePrerender when adding the plugin code ?
                • 6 Posts
                I mean that i had to resize inserted image in TinyMCE editor. If i just insert image and don’t do anything to it the image shows up it’s original size on document.
                Should this plugin resize images also when i’m not resizing images in TinyMCE? (i doubt this because the thumbnail sizes aren’t defined anywhere in the parameters)
                And yes, i clicked OnWebPagePrerender.

Anyway it’s working now fine!
                Thanks for great script!
                  • 1,842 Posts
                  Ah ok, if you insert images with TinyMCE, then you have to change width and height in the 2d tab of the popup (don’t remember how this tab is called in english).

But, I guess that by resizing your image with TinyMCE, the size of the image is changed so it’s ok !

Hope I’m clear wink
                    • 7,075 Posts
                    As Perrine implies, you NEED to set the height or (and) width (depending on the method you choose for resizing).

The way it works is that DirectResize uses width and height attributes to resize the image : it first reads its value, then resizes the image (according to one of the methods available : w, h, w+h... etc), strips it from height and width, caches the new image and then insert the path to the cached resized image instead of the original.
                      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                      • 6 Posts
                      Hi again,
                      Resizer runs great and slimbox link works great but i have one problem. When i click thumb slimbox it shows this fancy animation and all but when ready the whole thing is under other elements.
                      You can see it here when you click the picture. http://poreo.com/modx/index.php?id=32
                      Any idea how to show slimbox on the top of all other elements?