We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • And a book written by the Japanese community: ISBN 978-4-88166-573-2
    http://www.sotechsha.co.jp/pc/html/573.htm and http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4881665731/sotechscojp-22

Anyone care to take a stab at the rewrite as needed?
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 7,075 Posts
      I’ll gladly take a stab, now that I have some matter to answer the "independent" and "reliable source" issue (hope that will be enough)... I’ll keep you posted !
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 109 Posts
        Just noticed that the article no longer exists on Wikipedia. sad
          • 135 Posts
          Well if it’s ok, I could give a try at writing an objective article about MODx. I don’t have a *ton* of extra time, but I could certainly get something written up and the developers or other community members could polish it up later. I think it’s important for MODx it have a decent article on Wikipedia -- the more exposure, the better. smiley

Just let me know, I’d be more than happy to write something up!
          • That’d be awesome and tremendously appreciated. I tend to have too much of a marketing slant to anything I write. tongue
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 135 Posts
              Great, I’ll get working on it later today (almost 1:30 AM now tongue )! I love MODx, so I’ll do anything I can to help. smiley
                • 135 Posts
                Ok, I think it’s looking pretty good now, let me know what you think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MODx_(software)

If anyone else has any references that can be used in that article, that would be great. So far there are three of them, but seeing as Wikipedia only wants well-known third party references, that was a bit difficult to do. tongue

I also wasn’t sure about what to use for an official logo. There doesn’t seem to be one anywhere on modxcms.com, or these forums, and all I did was crop the logo from the modXhost template and use that.
                • Nice entry more facts and less sales. This will stand the Wiki sniff test.
                    Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • 73 Posts
                    Nice work, Eleventeen!
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      Thank you for writing an excellent article Eleventeen!