We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 322 Posts
    Since updating Firefox to version 52.0, I can't save any resources when tinyMCE is active. If I switch to code view by clicking the Toggle Editor checkbox, then I can save the resource. The following error is displayed in the javascript panel:

NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: tiny_mce.js uncaught exception: [object Object]

Does anyone know anything about this, or how to fix it?

This question has been answered by rainbowtiger. See the first response.

• 1,145 Posts
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 322 Posts
        I've tried all the other editors out there, and nothing does all the things that tinyMCE does for me. Plus, this happens ONLY in the new Firefox. Why is that? All other browsers still work fine.
          • 1,145 Posts
          TinyMCE is awesome and the best - no question about that!
          But I assume you are using that notorious and outdated MODX Extra?

It is hard to know what exactly the issue is when two or more variables are in place, FF etc
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 322 Posts
            Quote from: donshakespeare at Mar 17, 2017, 01:38 AM
            TinyMCE is awesome and the best - no question about that!
            But I assume you are using that notorious and outdated MODX Extra?
            I tried the newer ones, but found them to be a pain in the neck to set up compared to the older one. Plus, I have one image plugin that I use for all my sites, and it's not compatible with newer versions of tinymce. I also tried Redactor but found it way too limited.
              • 1,145 Posts
              What does this image plugin do?

I am asking maybe I can render you help if you are completely stuck with the old TinyMCE.

Next version of TinymceWrapper should be presumably easier to set up
                • 322 Posts
                Quote from: donshakespeare at Mar 17, 2017, 03:25 PM
                What does this image plugin do?

I am asking maybe I can render you help if you are completely stuck with the old TinyMCE.

Next version of TinymceWrapper should be presumably easier to set up
                Well, that would be good. I'll have to check it out again. I WOULD like to be able to use the newer tinymce at some point!

The image plugin (PlugoBrowser) resizes images on insertion, and also can automatically create a FancyBox popup link on the image. You can check it out here: http://www.plugobrowser.com/

They were developing a new version, but development seems to have gotten stalled. I was communicating with them about adding features, like a search box, which they got going in a new version but they never finished that version. That was a couple of years ago.
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  Nice browser!

TinymceWrapper packs two of the most powerful Media Browsers that take care of you in that regard.

The latest version will pack MODX-Media-Source elFinder which will do all sorts of image manipulation.
                  You can play with it here
                  https://studio-42.github.io/elFinder/#elf_l3_Lw
                    • 322 Posts
                    Looks pretty good, but I noticed when I cropped an image, it replaced the original with the cropped image. Not good! Is there some way to make it create a cropped copy of the image instead of replacing it?

What I like about PlugoBrowser is that you select the image you want, select the size you want it to be, optionally make it a "zoom image" linking the scaled down image with a popup of the full size image, apply the class you want, then insert it all in one go. Will your new setup do anything like this? I was just playing around with the newest tinymcewrapper, and loved the way you can crop and image right there when it is placed in the text, but that inserts a blob directly into the html rather than create a new image.
                      • 322 Posts
                      . . . plus, PlugoBrowser lets you define present image sizes to pick from, which is great for clients who have no idea what pixel size images should be.