We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,572 Posts
    will keep a close eye on MODX as I did truly enjoy using it. Maybe I'll try it again somewhere down the road when it appears to be more "hack proof"

If you keep up to date with it ( IE Revolution ) it has far less compromises than any other software I know, and I've used everything from Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB and others less known.
      • 1,145 Posts
      Don't wait too long. There is Revo.

I mean, hence the word "Revolution".

It is MODX done finished evolving, as it were.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 953 Posts
        If you keep up to date with it ( IE Revolution ) it has far less compromises

If you keep up with Evolution, you also have far less problems - any open source code is vulnerable, you always have to keep up with the latest version, otherwise you can get caught out by script kiddies and pro hackers.

it has far less compromises than any other software I know, and I've used everything from Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB and others less known.

The comparison between Revolution and major Open Source projects like WordPress or Magento is not realistic, simply because the market share is by far not the same

Not according to the LLC. [ed. note: iusemodx last edited this post 7 years, 5 months ago.]
          • 1,145 Posts

Well, I did add a catch clause: "as it were".

It may revolve, or undergo a rebirth or regrow ... but it has definitely attained bipedal status, so that a worser state would be immediately obvious and quite deplorable.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 953 Posts
            The "as it were" can be interpreted in two ways - my opinion

as it were - so to say

as it were - statement, end of cycle

LOL
              • 1,572 Posts
              The comparison between Revolution and major Open Source projects like WordPress or Magento is not realistic, simply because the market share is by far not the same

I didn't compare them, I just said MODX get's hacked less which is true, if thats because MODX isn't used as much so not targeted then thats still doesn't alter the fact it's gets hacked less which is the statement I made !!!!
                • 953 Posts
                Why so aggressive ? One exclamation mark is enough!

You wrote:
                it has far less compromises than any other software I know

Then you go on and say:
                I've used everything from Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB and others less known

With that, you are comparing the tools you have used with Revo. Because you say Revo has less compromises as the software you know and you know Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB etc.

MODX probably shares 1% of the market with many other open source projects and as such it's reach is less attractive to hackers.

Whereas systems like WordPress, Magento etc. are for hackers a gold mine, they are worth spending time and money on as the outcome of a hack is noticeable across millions of websites
                  • 1,572 Posts
                  Quote from: iusemodx at Nov 24, 2016, 09:39 AM
                  Why so aggressive ? One exclamation mark is enough!

You wrote:
                  it has far less compromises than any other software I know

Then you go on and say:
                  I've used everything from Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB and others less known

With that, you are comparing the tools you have used with Revo. Because you say Revo has less compromises as the software you know and you know Interspire Shopping Cart, Wordpress, Magento, IPB etc.

MODX probably shares 1% of the market with many other open source projects and as such it's reach is less attractive to hackers.

Whereas systems like WordPress, Magento etc. are for hackers a gold mine, they are worth spending time and money on as the outcome of a hack is noticeable across millions of websites

So just to finish off, MODX has far less compromises than any other software I know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    • 953 Posts
                    Very mature !
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      LOL.

Before we all end up in a creek full of punctuation marks ...

Are you converting only resources to Revo?
                      No chunks, snippets etc etc? [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 7 years, 5 months ago.]