We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    So, what about the other questions? How to stop the engine from adding ".html" to the pages' aliases?

http://forums.modx.com/thread/30437/avoiding-using-html-extension#dis-post-396606

And how should I link up with the database in order to see the content (so as not to paste all the pages manually).

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. The resources are in the 0.9.6 database and the new site can't link to them there. Exporting them from there and importing them to the new DB is not really an option since the new DB structure is not the same, and even if it were, the parent, template, and TV settings would all be wrong.

To give you some idea of the complexity of the task you're trying to do by hand, it took me 6 months, working 7 days a week, to create GoRevo.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 42 Posts
      The resources are in the 0.9.6 database and the new site can't link to them there.
      OK then, so I should recreate all the resources as I did with snippets and so on. I'll do.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this.
      I didn't mean just the resources|pages here, I meant the useful content of the site also. All the texts and photos. The real useful information for which the site had been created for. My contents field is empty.
      How should I connect to the DB? (mind that I've already connected it at the stage of installing the engine).
        • 24,544 Posts
        When you install MODX, it will prompt you for your DB credentials.
          My MODX Extras
          • 42 Posts
          You maybe didn't understand me (or vice versa).
          My new site doesn't show me the content. I don't see any contents (text mainly), although the DB was installed correctly during the Modx installation process.

And, also, the Breadcrumbs displays path in several lines now. But it showed in one line before.
            • 24,544 Posts
            A new site in Revolution has no content except the home page. How did you transfer your resources to the new site?

The Breadcrumbs issue is probably caused by your CSS.
              My MODX Extras
              • 42 Posts
              A new site in Revolution has no content except the home page.
              It seems we're talking about different things. Maybe my English lacks clearness. I'll try once again:
              Saying "content" I mean the useful text on the site (articles, my thoughts, official statements, questions and answers, grates page... all that stuff). And this content is stored in a database.
              Then. When I installed the Modx Revolution engine (on a different server), I installed that database during the installation process. It installed fine, without any problems.
              Then. Now I see the design of the site almost as it was supposed to be (except the Breadcrumbs, but it's a minor problem). But I don't see my content. My text that should be on the page... It looks like Modx still doesn't see the DB.
                • 24,544 Posts
                Does the Template used by the pages contain this tag in the body section?

[[*content]]
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 42 Posts
                  Does the Template used by the pages contain this tag in the body section?
                  Yes, but it differs a bit, one symbol. I have this one:
                  [[*#content]]

And I forgot to answer your question:
                  How did you transfer your resources to the new site?
                  I didn't transfer. I actually created them again, manually, as you adviced to me some time ago.

P.S. I solved the problem with Breadcrumbs. So, the content issue is the only problem I have with the site now.
                  About Breadcrumbs (may be useful for somebody)... I just created classes .B_lastCrumb, .B_firstCrumb, .B_crumb and .B_crumbBox in style.css and added a rule
                  display: inline;
                  for them. Also I had to add
                  padding-left: 0;
                  to .B_crumbBox. [ed. note: takamaro last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Unless you have something installed to parse this tag, that's your problem:

[[*#content]]

The Revolution parser will not see that as a 'content' tag and you'll see no content. Change it to this:

[[*content]]
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 42 Posts
                      I did that. Still nothing.