We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 42 Posts
    I've done everything, but I still don't see the template both in website itself and in the CMS. All files are copied and all replacements are done. It seems, CMS doesn't see them... Now trying to find some setting for that...
      • 42 Posts
      Found Contents - Import resources. Maybe this can be used somehow. But the fields there are difficult to understand.
        • 42 Posts
        Also, I've installed the newest versions of TinyMCE, getresources (instead of ditto) and wayfinder. But couldn't find quickedit and jot (maybe I don't need them, I don't know).
          • 24,544 Posts
          The page Templates, like chunks, plugins, TVs, and snippets, are in the MODX database. If you're doing everything manually, you have to create each of them in the Manager and paste in their contents.

If you tried importing the table into the database, the IDs and parents may not be correct and the template ID stored with each resource may also be incorrect.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 42 Posts
            you have to create each of them in the Manager and paste in their contents
            Do you have a manual on how to do that? For instance, let's start with templates. I've copied it (I have only one), but CMS doesn't see it. So, I should create a new template and copy the contents of modxhost.tpl inside of it, right? Then why did I need to copy the files if I should now paste the same code again? Anyway, I would gladly read some more information about what I should do next.
              • 24,544 Posts
                My MODX Extras
                • 42 Posts
                As I understood, modxhost.tpl is not the same as my site's templates. Why do we need templates folder in assets if all the site's templates are stored in another place? In my "templates" folder I have two more: "default" and "modxhost".
                As for the rest, I continue copying templates from the old site to the new one. It works (thank you!), I'll write a bit later, when done. [ed. note: takamaro last edited this post 8 years ago.]
                  • 42 Posts
                  I've finished copying the templates, snippets, chunks and TV-parameters.
                  But I still don't see the resources (pages, documents), and there is no content on the site. Though, the database was installed correctly.
                  And another thing: the templates don't change. I have different template for every point of menu, but when I press the menu button on the site, nothing happens. Friendly URLs are turned on in CMS. I've noticed, that if I add ".html" to the page's alias in the browser -- the template loads. Maybe modx adds this ".html" ending to the alias. How to switch it off? [ed. note: takamaro last edited this post 8 years ago.]
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Did you paste the content of each resource into the "Resource Content" field on the Create/Edit Resource panel?

In the same place, did you set the Template used by each resource?

There are several different kinds of "templates". The ones I call "Templates" are the ones in the Templates section of the Elements tree. These are the ones you connect to the Resources on the Create/Edit Resource page.

There are also mini-templates used by various MODX extras and custom snippets. They can be files, usually under the assets/components/extraName or core/components/extraName/ directories, or chunks visible in the Manager and often specified in the snippet tag.

In addition, there are the templates used by the Manager itself. These are installed automatically during Setup under the manager/ folder.

GoRevo, BTW, handles all of this automatically along with lots of other things.

My MODX Extras
                      • 42 Posts
                      Did you paste the content of each resource into the "Resource Content" field on the Create/Edit Resource panel? In the same place, did you set the Template used by each resource?
                      Well, I didn't paste the content of each resource because I hoped they would appear automatically. But I did it with one page (resource). Only one page - so as to check how it will work. But I can do that for every page, if needed. But one way or another, this "test page" still doesn't work prorerly.

So, what about the other questions? How to stop the engine from adding ".html" to the pages' aliases? And how should I link up with the database in order to see the content (so as not to paste all the pages manually).

Yes, I believe you, that Gorevo is a good thing. But as far as I already started doing it manually, I gonna end it. This will be helpfull for me. Because I can not just copy the site to the new engine, but also learn something new during this process and learn Modx a bit better.

P.S. Bob, sorry to bother you with all of this stuff. But I'm sure I can do that. And it's really interesting for me. And, of course, if you guide me to the end, I'll write a word of gratitude to you on my new site ))
                      I send the links to my sites (old and new) as a personal message.