We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 45 Posts
    matthewmeredith Reply #1, 8 years ago
    Just update through Softaculous and everything seems to be working fine, but my dashboard is still showing 2.4.2-pl. Any ideas why? I cleared my cache and logged out but it's still the same. How can I tell if it actually updated? In my cPanel, Softaculous shows 2.4.4-pl.

Thanks team!

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 110 Posts
      Quote from: matthewmeredith at Apr 11, 2016, 05:16 PM
      Just update through Softaculous and everything seems to be working fine, but my dashboard is still showing 2.4.2-pl. Any ideas why? I cleared my cache and logged out but it's still the same. How can I tell if it actually updated? In my cPanel, Softaculous shows 2.4.4-pl.

Thanks team!

First thing I'd test is the browser cache. You might clear browser cache and refresh the Manager just to be sure.

Second, the version number itself is stored in /core/docs/version.inc.php. This should be listing the right version but of course maybe it didn't get updated?

Another thing you could do is check files directly and see if the bulk of them have a newer date than the previous upgrade. You should see files that were replaced as having a newer change date.
      • discuss.answer
        • 24,544 Posts
        The install should also have updated the settings_version System Setting. If it is still at 2.4.2-pl, the site may not have been upgraded. A number of people have reported trouble with Softaculous installs and upgrades.

You might try the UpgradeMODX extra if you haven't already. If you want to make sure of the upgrade, you can set the settings_version back to an earlier value and perform the upgrade again with UGM.

With UpgradeMODX, you will see the regular MODX setup screens and the new Version number during the install.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 45 Posts
          matthewmeredith Reply #4, 8 years ago
          Quote from: vigilante at Apr 11, 2016, 05:57 PM
          Quote from: matthewmeredith at Apr 11, 2016, 05:16 PM

Thanks team!

First thing I'd test is the browser cache. You might clear browser cache and refresh the Manager just to be sure.

Second, the version number itself is stored in /core/docs/version.inc.php. This should be listing the right version but of course maybe it didn't get updated?

Another thing you could do is check files directly and see if the bulk of them have a newer date than the previous upgrade. You should see files that were replaced as having a newer change date.

So version.inc.php shows 2.4.4, a large amount of the files have today's date, and I cleared my browser cache and it still shows 2.4.2

Quote from: BobRay at Apr 11, 2016, 07:51 PM
          The install should also have updated the settings_version System Setting. If it is still at 2.4.2-pl, the site may not have been upgraded. A number of people have reported trouble with Softaculous installs and upgrades.

You might try the UpgradeMODX extra if you haven't already. If you want to make sure of the upgrade, you can set the settings_version back to an earlier value and perform the upgrade again with UGM.

With UpgradeMODX, you will see the regular MODX setup screens and the new Version number during the install.

settings_version shows 2.4.2. I guess I'll have to try UpgradeMODX!

Thanks for the help!

Edit: What's the folder to delete to thoroughly wipe the ModX cache? Is it just core/cache? Do I just delete the whole thing? I've only been clearing the cache through the Manager.
            • 45 Posts
            matthewmeredith Reply #5, 8 years ago
            UpgradeMODX worked! Thanks so much, Bob. Marking as solved.
              • 24,544 Posts
              I'm glad it worked for you. FYI, UpgradeMODX clears the entire cache folder for you, so there's no need to do any cache clearing yourself.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting